Chapter Fourteen

Dave got home at eight o'clock at night. I was lying next to Orbit and Buddy waiting for him bored out of my mind.

The whole day was dull because there was nothing on TV all day, no good news, just all boring stuff today. It was either a bunch of preschooler shows or the press. I definitely chose the preschooler shows over the news channel. Dave brought in at least eight bags of meat. He put the meat in the fridge as he asked me:

"Having a nice time?" I roll my eyes, today was actually pretty boring. It was a lot of free time to think through while the commercials were on. That was nice. It was also very peaceful. But I think that I'm sick. I didn't feel hungry or thirsty at all today. Maybe there is something wrong with me.

"Yeah, I'm just sitting here with Orbit and Buddy. Today was boring without having another person to talk to though." I reply to him, not letting him know all the other stuff that's going on. He closes the fridge and then looks at me.

"Well, I see that you named the mother Alien, Orbit. What does she think about the name? Did you ask her?" Dave asks me smirking. He's trying to make me look like an idiot. He made a joke there, to tell me that I'm weird for talking to Aliens. I look at Orbit who's sleeping all curled up in a ball. She looks like a green blob again. She seems like silly-putty or something like that. Something you used to play with as a kid that was sticky and gross.

"She seemed to like it when I asked her, she already comes to it too. She really likes me, Dave. I just don't feel human anymore, I feel like there's something wrong with me. Am I still sick?" I ask him. He looks at me a little concerned. He looks me up and down and shrugs not seeing anything wrong with me.

"Not human? How's that possible?" Dave asks me in a mocking tone as if he was making fun of what I said. He knows that there are power levels that I could be, but this is a lot different than power levels, this just doesn't feel right. Honestly, I wasn't a human, to begin with, I was a God. But that's not the point here. I look at him with the same confused face he just gave me earlier. I don't know if that's possible or not. To no longer be human but to be a robot. I guess everyone can call me cyborg girl.

"My right hand is the problem. Nothing else bothers me like my right hand and arm. It makes me feel like I'm no longer human. I want to feel somewhat human again. I just can't seem to feel human. I don't feel hungry, thirsty, or tired. I haven't gone to the bathroom at all today. I just walk around and feel some emotions." I tell him trying to explain what I'm going through. Of course, there's no way that he'll fully understand what's wrong with me. He tilts his head confused.

"I'm going to get you a drink of water," Dave says as he puts all the grocery bags on the counter in the kitchen. I sigh and lay my head on Orbit. She yawns and looks at me and smiles. She has so many teeth. It's scary to think of what she can do with those things. I close my eyes and Orbit puts her head on mine. As I start to fall asleep, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I open my eyes and see Sebastian holding a glass of water in my face. I take the drink with my right hand and lift my head up. Orbit moved her head and laid back down.

I'm left-handed, so I guess that it's okay that my right hand was affected and not my left one. I take a sip of the water. As I do, I feel like it is burning my mouth. I stop drinking it and shove it back to Dave.

"It burns my mouth. As if I'm putting fire in my mouth." I tell him as I wipe the water off my lips. Dave looks at me sadly, and then something strikes him. A realization of some kind that he doesn't seem to like very much.

"They really did change you, the doctors told me that they changed the way your body works. But I didn't think it was that bad. They must've put robot DNA inside of you to help your arm heal." Dave explains, helping me understand what's wrong with me.

I look at my left arm and see that my vein is a dark, metallic grey. It seems as if there's iron flowing through it.

"Robot DNA? What's that?" I ask him as I trail my metal index finger down my vein. It feels so cold. As if I'm no longer human. What if I'm no longer a human?

"It is nothing bad. It just means that you don't need to eat or drink. So, you'll have an easier time living life without all of those disturbances." Dave says smiling as he's trying to make me feel better. I frown and feel my eyes gain water and weight. I start to cry into my lap. I look at my hands and see that they are covered in a weird grey goop.

"What is this?" I say freaked out as I start trying to get the goop off my hands. It starts to stick to my skin. As I stop freaking out, I notice that my skin is absorbing the grey substance.

"Those were your tears..." Dave says a little creeped out. I look at myself, my right arm is metal, and my left arm is metal on the inside.

"I'm a monster! I'm not a human! People will look at me as if I' a freak!" I exclaim to Dave who just rolls his eyes as if I'm exaggerating or acting weird.

"I think that you're overreacting. A lot of people will think that's amazing. They'll be amazed that you survived an Acid Alien lick." Dave tells me, not thinking about all the people who won't know why I have the arm. The ones who don't will judge me just like I was judging those people in the cars. Maybe this is Karma, hitting me in the stomach. I look at him angrily and feel like screaming in his face. I just don't want to wake up the Aliens.

"I just need time to think," I tell him as I run out of the living room and into my room. I hurry and shut the door and lock it. I want everyone and everything to just leave me alone right now. I need some time to think about this. Some time to get this all wrapped around my head.