Chapter Eighteen

It's been three more weeks, and I have just finished unpacking and getting the hang of where everything is. I found out that there's a library right down the hall to the right from me. It's huge and has over three-hundred books. I've read about three of them that are about Aliens. I have learned so much from three books that I learned at school in three years. Mineu told me to explore as much as I like. But, I tried that to find out that many doors are locked, or they're jammed. There are even some doors that lead to walls. It's peculiar, the walls are always painted too. As if it was a typical wall and then someone put a door over it. It's very confusing to me.

I never ask though because I feel like it's rude to questions someone about their own household. Especially when I don't deserve to be here. I mean, I could've just stayed at my own house instead of being here and invading some of her privacy.

I sigh as I go back to my room and look around. I wish that I could redecorate my room. Make it look happier. Instead of being black and white along with red. At first, I thought that it was nice, but now that I've been here, in this blue house, I've decided that I would rather a vibrant pink or something. The colors just look sad, and as if I shouldn't be here, it's a little unwelcoming.

I smile as I look at the photos that I've taken with my phone since I got here. I have a whole bunch of pictures with my Aliens playing with each other. Buddy is getting bigger and bigger by every week that passes. I smile thinking about when I just got him a couple months he was about the size of my hand. Now, now he's about as tall as I am. I sigh, his childhood days are almost over, and I still don't know what Mineu wants them for. She says that she wants to experiment their behavior, but I don't think that researching that takes longer than a month. I think it'd be normal for her to want me to stay for maybe a year, but she wants me to wait for about four at the least. I think that's a little too long just to experiment their behavior.

I walk out of my room and go down the untidy stairs. There are books all over them and papers with writing. I look around and don't see Mineu about, but I see my Alien's names on the paper. Since I don't see anyone, I pick up the documents and start to read.

"I've found out a lot about the Acid Aliens. The baby is starting to grow up as he's about four months old now. The mother still protects him as if he's her baby still. But he's almost as tall as Scarlet. Which is probably not a good thing. Males are known to be more aggressive when it comes to protecting their masters. I hope that this project doesn't get out of hand. Otherwise, the baby will have to go, and the mother will be killed." Then there is a time skip to a new paragraph. I'm starting to regret coming here with the Aliens. I knew that there was going to be something that I didn't know about. I then shake my head and continue to read. "It's been a couple of weeks, and Scarlet still isn't smart enough to understand what's going on. At this rate. I have her like putty in my hands. She's nothing but a distraction, I have to lock some of my doors. I hid the key that unlocks all the doors in the house in my bedroom nightstand where she'll never find it." Is what it reads and the rest is scribbled too fast for me to understand. I smirk.

"I never find it? Oh, I will now. I need to know what you're really doing with my Aliens." I say very quietly to myself as I put the paper back down and creep towards Mineu's room. Once I get to Mineu's room, I open the door and hear the shower running. She must be taking one because she's going to go somewhere today. That's a good thing so now I can go in, and go out without any questions or awkward conversations to sit through. Just like at dinner.

While the Aliens devour their food, Mineu and I just sit there awkwardly just watching each other eat. It's weird as we can't find anything right to talk about anymore. At first, we would speak of our school lives and the girls that we hated and the men we wished that we dated. After we talked about my childhood, the stories stopped.