Chapter Twelve

We finally get to the laboratory, and I run out of the car as soon as we come to a complete stop, and he turns off the car. I look back at Dave to see he isn't as excited as I am. He actually seems a little nervous and paranoid.

"What? Aren't you excited?!?" I ask a little confused. This is a once in a lifetime adventure, and he's not even happy to see it. Has he already seen this before? Doesn't he care that I'm so glad?

"Why? To see a horrible Alien that could kill us?" He says rolling his eyes at the thought of doing this. I didn't know that he hated Aliens. I thought that he had a good connection with them. Every single time he told a story about an Alien it seemed to be all right stuff that he had learned about them. But, now he's acting as if he hates their guts.

"He won't kill me! He might kill you, but I won't let him." I say taking his hand and starting to walk towards the place. It's a tall building that looks like a skyscraper. It tears through the clouds with its towering looks.

"How can you lead the way if you don't know where you're going?" He asks reminding me that I don't know where I'm going. That I'm just walking in a straight line excitedly.

"Oh, yeah! You lead!" I say pushing him in front of me and then I go behind him. He starts leading the way and the closer we get the more excited I get.

"Here we are! This is where your Buddy is!" Sebastian says as I run up to the glass and tap twice to turn the tint off. I look closely at the giant, green, curled-up ball in the back of the cage. As I do, I see a little green head pop out and then jumps out starts running to me.

"Buddy!" I say excitedly as the mother picks her head up and screams a loud growl. She gets up from her curled position and is about as tall as the ceiling. I step back, and Dave puts his hands around my waist and puts his body up against my back.

I put my hands on his, and step back up to the glass and watch as Buddy and his mother play. Buddy hides from her, and she tries to find him. She acts like she can't see him and whines as he comes out and jumps on her. She licks him and hugs him happy to have him back.

She has a light, lime green color to her. She has extensively sharp teeth that are probably the size of my hand or more prominent. She has a fifteen-feet long tail that has an arrow-like shape for the end.

"So, that was a game he was playing with me? I feel so bad now..." I whisper to myself as I keep watching as the mother finds him and so she picks him up and then throws him in the air. Buddy clings to the ceiling and then she acts all stupid, and he goes on top of her playfully. She grabs Buddy and goes on the floor and kisses him and starts bathing him with her tongue of acid. He giggles and grabs her face, and she stops, putting him on the ground.

"Why are they acting like they can't see us?" I ask Dave, a little confused about their behavior in front of us. This is a bit personal, I'm surprised that they're even letting us see this side of them.

"Because it is tinted, and they can't see us, but we can see them. So, they'll act normal, I wanted you to see them act like this." Dave says smiling at their childish actions. See? Now he likes Aliens again, but just a couple seconds ago he was acting as if he hated them.

"Oh, that makes sense. I miss Buddy. However, he looks a lot happier here. Is this where he'll stay forever?" I ask hoping he'll say yes. When he's about to answer, random people come in their cage, and they get the mom away from Buddy, and they take him.

"What are they doing?" I say banging on the glass making the mom look over to us for the first time.

"They're taking him to a different place," Sebastian says not caring as much as I do. I look around the laboratory and see a no trespassing door. I then push Sebastian off of me and start running to the door to save Buddy from those evil people! I go through the door and see all these plans and blueprints about killing the mother and keeping the baby and doing experiments on him that look really painful.

I hear Dave coming after me, I know he'll try to stop me. So, I go through more doors that say 'no trespassing.'

I then see the scientist that took Buddy is holding him only by the end of his legs so he can't bite them.

"Put him down!" I yell at them and take him from them. They look at me like I'm stupid and they all smile thinking he's going to bite me. He goes and jumps into my shoulder and snuggles into my neck seeing that I'm warm. All the scientist's mouth drops in amazement as they watch him curl up on my shoulder.

Ha, I just showed them. Buddy must still remember my smell.

"You people are sick! Taking this baby away from his mother! You should be ashamed! How would you like it if someone took your kids away from you!" I say walking away from them and then Dave comes up to me and grabs my hand.

"Look, Scarlet, you can't do this. This is private property! Ah!" He says as he turned me around and saw the Alien on my shoulder and backed off from me.

"He's my Buddy! You guys can't have him! He belongs with his mother!" I yell at them as if I was a scolding mother to her children.

I start to look around for the cage his mother is in so I can put him back. As I find it, I walk over to the cage and open the door. As I do the mourning mother perks her head up and I took Buddy from my shoulder and held him up to her.

"Scarlet!" I hear Dave say after I walked into the cage and held Buddy up to the mother.

She immediately gets on her back legs and lets out a deadly scream waking Buddy up, and he jumps from my hands to the mother who he attacks, and she snuggles with him. I start to walk out of the weird cage and then hear the Alien look back at me and starts walking up to me. I feel like this is going to be the same thing that happened to the female scientist. The mother then puts her head down to say thanks and rubbed it against my stomach telling me to pet her head.

Very hesitantly, I put my hand on her smooth head and pet her sweetly. I can hear my heart beating so hard that it could burst out of my chest at any second. I don't want her to hurt me.

I smile, knowing I just made a new friend. She picks her head up and looks at me smiling showing me all four thousand, five hundred teeth.

I shiver thinking she could bite my head off right now. I back up a little-scared forgetting that they think that means we reject their niceness and we told them to fight. She looks at me and tilts her head as I came back up to her and put my hand on her head and breathe in and out not knowing if I'm going to die or live.