Chapter Ten

I yawn as I open and close my eyes. I find myself in a hospital room. Looking around, I realize that everything in here is a bright white or grey. The floor, walls, and bed covers are white. The countertops are a light blue mixed with grey. I'm the only thing that seems out of place. I'm wearing my red shirt and jeans. So, I'm sticking out like a sore thumb. I wonder why they didn't put me in a hospital dress.

The first thing I do after looking around is looking for my purse! I find it and try reaching for it. It's a little hard as the hand that got bit is in a cast where it can't move. I get it and open the bag and see Buddy isn't in there.

"He's not here," Says Dave, knowing that I'm looking for him as he comes out of the corner of the room that I didn't notice him in. Kind of creepy that he was watching me this whole time. Tears fill my eyes thinking that he's gone and that the scientists could be hurting him right now and it is all my fault for getting mad at him. He was just hungry, I should've accepted that he was just hungry. I didn't know how long I slept for. It could've been hours. This is all my fault that he's getting hurt.

"Where'd you take him!" I growl as tears start sliding down my cheeks. Dave comes to my side and takes my hand that's not in a cast and kisses it lightly.

"We took him to his mother where they're safe. They're in a secluded area, where people can't hurt them." Sebastian says as more tears slide down my cheeks.

"He was mine. He was my little buddy. I loved him, and he loved me." I say sadly, knowing that Dave is wrong, they're probably testing on him right now, perhaps still separated from his mother even though I was going to give him back. I bet he's upset to be so far away from me.

"If he loved you then why did he bite you?" Dave asks me with a raised brow. For all, he knows there could be millions of reasons that he bit me.

"Because I was angry at him! Just because he's different than us that doesn't mean they are evil. They have emotions too. Just like humans, they get hungry, sad, happy, angry, and everything else that humans can do." I say starting to cry missing my little Alien.

"Hey, baby... I can as if you can see him since he seemed pretty upset to leave you too. He was scared and tried to protect you when I found you. He growled at me and even hissed, threatening to hurt me." Dave says catching my attention. I'm surprised that buddy tried to protect me. He must've thought that he could save me, that he was taking good care of me.

"Really? I can see him?" I say as he wipes my tears off my cheeks.

"Yes," Dave replies as one question pops into my head.

"How long was I asleep for?" I ask looking at Dave as he still looks the same except that he seems a lot more tired and he has an aftershave.

"Well maybe two days, but it's okay because you're supposed to sleep that long when you get bit by an Acid Alien and survive. We can get you out in three days. They need to make sure that your body is okay with all the stuff inside of it." Dave says crushing my dream of seeing Buddy today.

"I want to see Buddy now! He needs me!" I say making Dave look at me curiously.

"Who's that?" He asks me confused. Really, it should be evident because who else have we been talking about this entire time? The Alien. Jeez, men can be so stupid sometimes.

"That's the Aliens name! His name is Buddy!" I retort Sebastian looks at me and smiles.

"Okay, that's good. He doesn't need a name, he's just an Alien. They don't understand names and what they mean." He says probably not knowing what to tell me.

"Just because he's an Alien doesn't mean that he doesn't have a name! Having a pet Alien is just like have a dog, do you not name your dog?" I say turning from him but coming back because that position hurt which makes me look stupid. This is going to be a long two or three days. I'm going to die without knowing if he is safe or not. They better not be hurting him. If they're beating him, I'm going to find a way to take him away from them whether they are or not.