Chapter Seventeen: From Makeups to Break-Ups

He drove towards the dusty rock we were at last night and my car sat looking more worse for wear under a coat of dirt but still somehow managed to look classy."Where are we going?" I asked as we drove past the car. 

"Wait and see" He smirked, continuing down the road. I sighed, too exhausted to argue and let slumber take over me yet again.

"Hey, Louisa, wake up sweetheart, we're here" Kye shoved me awake gently.

"W-where are we?" I muttered sleepily. My vision became clear as I sat up seeing the giant red cross against the cold white external paint. "Why are we at the hospital?"

"Because you need to talk to Riley, I thought about it and you two just seem right together, sort it out" He petted my hand gently, looking into my eyes to see signs of acceptance.

"How am I supposed to talk to him about this?" I asked seriously. "I mean how do I bring it up?" Kye sighed and pulled me into a hug.

"I don't know sweety. Just say what you feel" He released me and wiped the tear from the edge of my eye that I hadn't noticed falling. "Look, he is probably wracked with guilt for even thinking like that! Trust me, save it, dont break it" He pecked my cheek and reached over to open my door. "I'll be here in case you need anything" He smiled as I pulled my weight out of the cab.

Take a breath, Louisa. I thought to myself. It will be fine. Riley cares about you, I kept telling myself. I walked slowly through the automatic doors as the clinical smell of medicines hit my nostrils, burning slighly at first scent. I rounded the white corridor to reception and slowly began to walk towards red zone for Riley, under the watchful, glaring eye of Sara behind the desk. I cringed at the memory of her words but continued to walk up the huge, long corridors until I reached the outside of Riley's room. "Deep breaths, Lou" I whispered, inhaling largely as I turned into the room. I saw Riley asleep against the soft pillows, a drip in his arm. What happened? I thought deeply. I sat in the chair beside him and read through his chart on the hook at the end of his bed. "...Bleeding of suture, resedation necessary..." I placed the chart back over the end of his bed and sat forward in my chair, holding Riley's hands in mine. I don't know how long I sat there in the same position; with his hands in mine, head against our embraced fingers.

His fingers twitched as he began to stir awake, shocking me from my thoughts. 

"Louisa" He rasped, voice tight and dry from sedatives.

"Shhh, shhh, I'm here" I whispered, bringing a small plastic cup to his lips. He sipped back the liquid, gasping at the coolness before he rubbed his eyes, tiredly.

"I-I'm sorry" He whispered back to me, clutching my hands tightly. "I'm really sorry" I kissed his hand gently on the knuckle and breath in his scent.

"You have nothing to be sorry for" I informed him. "It was my fault, not yours" I released his hands and let a hand slip to the side of his face. "I was jealous, I'm sorry" I pecked his lips, wiping a tear from his eye.

"I have to say sorry b-because...I'm breaking up with you" He said, I immediately released him and stood back at the edge of the room.

"W-why?" I cried out, desperately.

"I hate to say this but it isn't you. You're amazing an-" I cut him off my tongue lashing out at him.

"Its not you, it's me, right? Brilliant Riley! I thought you would have more class than to say that!" I yelled at him, before turning to walk out without looking back. I stormed out of the hospital before Sara blocked my path. "Move" I growled through my teeth.

"Oh! Thats very charitable. I was going to wish you a good day but...well we can see thats already happening" She smirked. I sighed.

"You know what Sara! I don't care what you think of me! I have had a lot worse from people, so why don't you back off!" I yelled, shoving her back and walking past her. I walked past Kye's car, not bothering to see if he saw me. of course he did when his car pulled up beside me.

"What happened?" He yelled through the open passenger window, following me around the lot.

"We broke up" I muttered, bitterly, reaching the edge of the car park.

"What? Why?!" He demanded. I shook my head and he stopped the car. "Get in" He sighed, running a free hand through his messy hair. I clambered into the cab, settling back against the leather seats.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"For a ride" He replied.