Chapter Twelve: Running Errands

A/N: HEY GUYS I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER, IT'S AN INSIGHT ON RILEY'S LIFE......I PUT A LOT OF EFFORT INTO THIS SO PLEASE VOTE, LIKE, COMMENT.... IT MEANS A LOT, MUCH LOVE XX

I sat in silence, tracing the scars up my arms. One for the first day I was sold. $10,000. One for the day I met Darren. One for the day I found out I was going to the boarding school. There were around 12 other scars all with their own story to tell. I was staring into space, against the pale white walls, listening to a far light buzz in the distance. I sighed aloud and wondered why I was here. If I hadn't fell for Darren, daddy wouldn't have found out; I wouldn't have been sent to the school, I'd of never met Riley and he wouldn't have been shot.

I started to braid my hair unaware I was doing it. In, out, around. In, out, around. In, out, around. A nurse approached me. "Louisa?" I had insisted the nurses called me by my first name. "The surgeon needs to speak to you" I nodded and followed the nurse to a small office.

The office was small, square and consisted of mostly metal. Cupboard, desk, shelves made of steel. The surgeon motioned for me to sit down. This is bad. This is really bad, I thought. "Miss O'Briens. Riley's OBS have been decreasing to a certain level of concern in which we have to inform the next of kin. We understand you are not Riley's next of kin, however we cannot obtain contact details of Riley's parents. We were hoping you could?" We had never spoken of Riley's parents, in fact I had no idea who they were or where to find them.  

"I um, I could check at the school?" He sighed and smiled at me, standing up and holding out his hand for me to shake.

"We would be very grateful" I nodded and lecture the room.

*

*

*

Pulling up outside the school, it felt like forever since I'd been here. Walking the hallways I was surrounded by students asking for info. "Is Riley dead?", "Are you the reason he's in the hospital?", "Is it true that you and him are together?" I ignored all, avoiding the students and teachers inconspicuously trying to overhear my answers. I inserted the key into the lock and flung open the door, scattering papers every where. "For God sake". I mumbled struggling to pick up the flyers. "Get Well Soon Riley", "We Miss You", "Shouldn't Have Been You"-Wow these kids loved him, I thought as I scooped them all up into a pile and sat them down on the counter. He's the quarterback, a not-so-model student, and he is majorly hot. Of course they love him! I thought smirking.

*

*

*

Once over my shock of finding out the schools not-so secret obsession with Riley, I set up the computer and followed the instructions Christian gave me last time I hacked the system. Clicking on Riley's profile I checked contact details, dialling them into my phone.

"Hey this is Riley, leave a message..." I missed hearing his voice, I realised then that it was his number saved. His dads apparent name was "Jerry Cameronson" I know that name. His mother, Diane, was currently unlisted for a number. I opened a new tab and searched up Jerry Cameronson. Information filled the page. Cameronson & Co. Of course! The World's Largest Weapons Company rang through my mind. I have bought so much from there. BB guns, pen knives, hand guns, you name it. They're brilliant, my little Shelly still has a years guarantee and she's four years old. Shelly is my favourite gun, a little gold vintage one shot pistol, I've never shot her though, she's for emergences only and that is why she's locked in a box under my bed.

Getting back onto track I realised I'd never know how to contact Jerry. I decided on emailing the main company but the email address was wrong. So I had to go the old fashioned way. SMACK! The frightful sound of the telephone book jumping onto the desk. Dragging my finger the page of C names I found him. Address but no number. "Crap! I guess we're going old school" I muttered to myself.