Chapter 1: An Icy Situation

Jack POV.
"Jack!" I heard her scream from inside the bubble, she sounded terrified. I quickly dodged the shadows, I ran over to the dome and body checked the ice exterior. Nothing happened, I just can't break inside. "Just give it up! Only my black sand can penetrate the dark ice." Pitch said with a laugh, as soon as his laugh ended I was tackled down by the shadows. Once I was on the ground, I heard her scream again. Every time she screamed it broke my heart over and over. I felt as if there was no way out, both my arms and legs were being pinned down, a shadow holding each. At that moment Pitch finally descended down from the dome. "Looks like your stuck in an icy situation, your done boy and so is she. Give up." He said grabbed my throat and picking me up from the ground. I shut my eyes. I actually did want to give up, I didn't want to keep going, I didn't want to hear her screams again, I didn't want to see the shadows any more. "Jack, please don't go!" I heard her yell. That's immediately when my eyes opened, if I give up now then what would happen to her? Pitch Black would darken her heart and feed off of her fears. Pitch would take her as HIS queen. I don't know how but, at that last thought, ice came out from my fingertips hitting Pitch hard enough to just get him to the ground. I wasn't going to just let him win.