Chapter 2: The Frozen Flower

Jackson POV.
As soon as I arrived home, I quickly changed into fresh clothing and took a nice hot shower. I had pulled on a pair of old, faded blue jeans and my varsity football jacket. "Periwinkle?" I called once I finished changing. "Jackie! Jackie, where have you been?" She said in a pout. I loved Peri but, she was six. She was at that age when she had to question everything. "Why are you leaving so soon?" Periwinkle ran over to the old, tattered white couch near the door. She had climbed to the cushions so, that she was now shoulder height. "I'm off to my wedding, I'm going to marry a princess!" I exclaimed in a sweet taunting tone. Peri's whole face lit up and a wide toothed smile appeared. "Don't be filling her head with silly fairy tales." Of course the old man had to ruin the moment. He always did. "I'm off Dad, I'll see you later." "Jackie... is she a pretty princess?" Peri's grin had vanished but, her big blue eyes remained hopeful. "The prettiest!" I called as I stepped out of the house. I quickly loaded a gym bag with extra clothes into my car and then began the drive to the hospital. After about an hour of driving I arrived but, no sooner had the woman at the front desk stopped me. "I'm here to visit Rapunzel. You know the girl with really long hair that is the shade of the sun?" I paused as she scanned through some papers. "Names Jack Frost." She motioned for me to head through the doors that would lead to the wing that Rapunzel was in. My jaw dropped when I came into the childish decorated room. Rapunzel was in a white sundress that was layered with purple flowers of some sort and her hair was pulled out of her face in a rose. "I know it's not great but, I wanted to remember my wedding as being pretty." Her voice was sweet and not as raspy as before. The color had been returned to her cheeks and she wore an anxious smile on her face.