Chapter 4- Those Awkward Moments

The next few days were a pain. After two more concerts in Seattle, we were on our way to Vegas for the next show and also for an interview. It's amazing how the awkward level rose to the extreme whenever Bam passed me, or even when I saw him just randomly while he was taking a break at the concert. 

Before I snuggled under the covers at 2 a.m. after the last show, Ryan's light snore filled the room, keeping me awake and thinking. Thoughts were still jumbled up in my head. Bam confessed to me what he was feeling while he was in jail, and I confessed to him what I was feeling while he was in jail.  Now, it didn't make any sense. I slowly swung my legs over the side of my bed and made my way over to the fridge under the flat screen TV. I opened the small fridge door and found a whiskey bottle and a half finished of what used to be a six pack of beers. Grabbing the whiskey, I tip-toed to the bathroom quietly, and shut the door behind me. Sitting down in front of the door, I pulled off the cap of the full bottle of whiskey and stared at it. I've never tasted whiskey before, but I heard that alcohol can relax you. Just as long as you don't have too much, right? Shrugging, I took a sip. The toasty and woody flavor of it took my mouth to the bottle again. Over and over, I drank the whiskey, not realizing how much I had finished until it was all gone. I felt a tad bit lightheaded, but nothing else. I stood and opened the door, taking the empty bottle of whiskey with me. That's when the feeling hit me, hard and quick. A dizzy feeling hit me. I felt like there were no worries. I quickly jumped on my bed and blacked out. 

The next morning, I opened my eyes slowly, expecting to see bright rays of sunlight hit my face, but instead found it dark, wet, and cold. I rubbed my eyes with the backs of my hands, causing my eyes to become moist. I sat up and found myself, still clothed, sopping wet. My head spun, causing me to feel like puking. "What the hell?! Ryan!" I yelled. Ryan came to the bathroom door and opened it. His facial expression stayed flat as he looked at me. "What did you do?! Did you put me in here?!" I massaged the temples of my head while standing in the slippery shower. 

"What?" He asked while taking a sip of beer. 

"What do you mean what?" I stepped out of the shower carefully, being careful not to slip, "Why did you put me here?" 

"Says the girl that took my whole bottle of whiskey last night and was howling, saying that werewolves were coming to bring you into the pack?" 

"What? I said that? I remember being a little dizzy last night, but I don't remember anything about howling or screaming or yelling."

"Really? Wow... that whiskey must've hit you pretty hard then." He said nonchalantly then walked out the door. 

"Hey! Where are you going?" 

"I'm packing because we have to leave in an hour for Vegas!" He called. 

"Shoot! I totally forgot!" I quickly walked over to my duffel bags and found a pair of camo khaki capris, and a white bandeau with a black tank top  with low cut sides that had the number thirteen on it. Taking a swift, hot shower, I dressed in my clothes along with my black Nike flats and was ready to go, black leather bag strapped on and all. 

"Okay, I'm ready." I spoke disgustedly.

"Katie, are you okay? Do you feel the powerful effects of a hangover?" Ryan held the door open for me. 

I stepped out and nodded, "Hell yeah. And it sucks." 

"Well, I guess you know what it's like now to drink. You feel weird one moment, then dizzy the next. Then, before you know it, you're blacked out and wake up somewhere where you never thought you'd be." 

"Well, let's just say I won't be touching any alcoholic drinks anytime soon." Snickering, I turned a corner, made my way over to the elevators, and found Steve-O and Bam talking.