Chapter 12- I Can't!

I awoke with a wetness that chilled me to the bone. The liquid tingled my skin as the wet coldness dripped down my neck and seeped into my skin. Screaming at the top of my lungs, I kicked and rolled around in my bed and into someone's chest-- a warm one at that. A hand wrapped around my waist as a body hovered over me yelling, "What the fuck guys?! She's still sleeping!" 

"Oh hush, Bam. It's not like it's going to hurt her." A voice chirped.

"Yeah, why are you so over protective of her?" Another asked. 

"Guys! Shut up! You already ruined my morning." I grumbled angrily, sliding from under Bam's body that tried to protect me from a little cold water. 

"Well, well, well. It looks like the darling princess has awoken." A sly yet charming voice chimed, sending an eerie chill down my spine.

I turned to the person speaking, giving him an angry look, "Shut up. Don't call me princess, asshole."

Chester shrugged his shoulders with a sly smile, "Wow, I guess the princess does have an anger issue after all." 

Clenching my fists and gritting my teeth, I replied with a low grumble, "Shut the hell up right now. Or else you're really going to get it."

"Woah, woah, woah," Uncle Johnny took  ahold of my shoulders firmly-- which I was glad he did, "no need to get into a cat fight in the morning. Katie, why don't you take a hot shower?" Gently pushing me towards the bathroom, I thought I saw Bam give Chester a dirty look. 

Shutting the door behind me, I walked along the cream colored marble and to the mirror. "Ugh. This stupid Chester guy..." I whispered to myself. Slouching my shoulders, I started to undress. 

- - -

 "Ugh... Will you just freaking tell me where we're going? You did crazy shit this morning Bam."

"Yeah, yeah. I know. It's what I do best. Now keep your eyes closed and keep walking." He said as he kept his left arm around my waist.

We had just gotten back from another show and it was close to six in the morning. The show had started at midnight, and ended at three. It took awhile to get home because Brian got lost and we had driven around for an hour. Now, two hours later after getting little sleep, Bam took me to a place I had no idea about.  As we walked on, I could feel his hand grip my waist closer to his body, causing me to feel faint. Why? Why is it that every time I was with him, I felt so faint? I've known him for quite awhile now, but I just couldn't control myself as my feet were suddenly swept off the ground. 

"Holy fuck!" I screamed really loud while thrashing my arms and legs around. 

"Woah there! Calm the hell down, Katie! Jesus Christ what the hell?! I'm just carrying you. Just curl into a small ball." 

I sighed, tucking my arms and legs inwards as he carried me bridal style somewhere. After setting me down on what seemed like concrete, he whispered in my ear, "Open your eyes." 

As I blinked the blurriness out of my eyes, my jaw dropped open as I stared at the most beautiful sight in the world. The dark shaded hills of Phoenix, now turning a light violet color as the orange-red color of the sunrise cascaded over it made me have goosebumps. I leaned against a handrail, feeling the cool wind against my tired face and blowing through my hair. "Wow. That's amazing." I whispered breathlessly. 

I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and a head rest of my shoulder. "Your hair smells like peaches." Bam nudged his head into the crook of my neck. I smiled, feeling his warm breath upon my neck, making up for the coolness of the wind; making me feel warm and tingly inside for the millionth time. Giggling, I let go of the handrail and covered his arms with my arms, our skin touching during the beautiful sunrise. I could feel Bam watching me as he whispered in my ear, "Katie, will you marry me?" 

My heart skipped a million beats. He wants me to marry him? Abrubtly, I turned around in his arms so that I would look him in the eyes. "You want to marry me?" 

"Yes, I want to marry you."

My head was just so overwhelmed I didn't know what to say. How could I marry Bam if we hadn't really had  our first official date yet? We weren't even boyfriend and girlfriend! "Bam, I really really like you. But I can't marry you right now. I'm still young. You're still young. How can you ask me to marry you if we aren't even together? Don't you think I'd hold you back if we got married? How? How can you ask me to marry you?" 

Bam immediately let his hands fall to his sides right after I was done speaking, "Katie, don't you love me? I thought we were something even if we weren't together. Don't you want me? Because you have no idea how much I want you. To be with you forever, to have kids with you, to live with you. I would give all I have just to be with you. I went to jail and I thought about you the whole time! How can you say no?!"

Tears blocked my vision as Bam stepped away from me, "Bam. You don't know how much I want to marry you. I love being with you. I love you. But I can't. I don't feel like we've had enough time together."

Bam scoffed, then crossed his arms, "Look, if you didn't like me from the start you could've just said so. I brought you here to this sight-seeing place at six in the morning and this is what I get? Hmph. You're an ungrateful bitch."

That's when I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. What's this feeling inside of my chest? Why do I feel like something has just stabbed me a million times over and over? Warm tears slid down y cheeks and to the floor in big, fat drops,"Wow. I thought I loved you. But I guess I just can't." 

I hadn't realized where I was until I began to run. Down a few steps, and taking a sharp right, I could already see the hotel we were staying in. The truth is, I wanted Bam. I wanted to be with him. I really did, nothing more in the world! But, I knew that some things just couldn't work out. 

- - -

Author's Note: Sorry that this chapter was super short! I just needed to finally update the story because there were quite a few requests... I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense right now, but this is what it is!