Chapter 5: More Than One

I quickly ran downstairs to Alexis, and turns out she was afraid of the dark when the power goes out.

"How do people live without power?! Do they NOT get scared of the creepy, crawling demons in the dark."

"Alexis, your just scaring yourself. There's no such thing."

Oh really?

I perked up hearing that.

"Hey did you guys hear that?" I say.

"Trina stop trying to scare me."

Ok good. Atleast THEY didn't hear that.

"Hey Trina, can I talk to you after about something? It's important."

"Uh, sure." I say. Oh god. She better not be experiencing the same thing I am.

"Guys, is it true that Logan's --"

I kinda stopped listening to her after I plugged in my earbuds and jammed to 679, Fetty Wap Ft Remy Boys. Yeah, I consider myself a boy.

Man..this song really brings me up, kinda in a evil way...

I turned the volume up.

I'm like, yeah, she's fine
Wonder when she'll be mine
She walk past, I press rewind
To see that ass one more time

Can't wait till you'll be mine, and I take full control over you.

Did she ACTUALLY just turn a normal good rap song into a creepy threat?

Time to change the song. Next up, Drag Me Down, 1D.

All my life, you stood by me.
When no one else was ever behind me....isn't that so, US?

I can't even listen to fucking music without a damn voice in my head ruining it. I took my earbuds out and went to go see what everyone else was doing. Logan was still out, Alexis was looking outside, probably to see the thunder. Trinity was on her iPod, jamming just as I was.

Then she stopped as the power came back on. Alexis decided it was a good time to play video games while I have no idea what Trinity was doing. I wasn't paying attention as I decided, was to go out for a walk or something, get my mind off everything. After all, the rain stopped.

I opened the door to be face to face with Logan.

"Where the hell are you going?" He looked at me, disgusted.

"Just out for a walk.."

"Ugh. I hope you get lost on the way out." He said.

Something inside me burned. No, I wasn't emotionally sad that he said that, but rather...enraged. I felt red. Whatever. I brushed right past him and out.

"WAIT! It's getting dark, you shouldn't go!" He called back as he grabbed my arm.

The feeling inside me started to tense up.

"Why?! So you can treat me like shit AGAIN in this god awful house? I would rather go to a strip club than be with you. OR get lost in the woods. Anything to get away from a bastard like you."

I gasped. I swear, I have no idea how all that just came out of me. It was like something inside me forced it. Oh god. Now he's going to kill me for sure.

But instead, he just gave me a shocked look, more angered too. But way more shocked.

"What the fuck happened to your eyes?"

"What?" I said, utterly confused.

"Your eyes! Why the fuck are they--us know what? I don't give a shit."

He turned back around and closed the door. I felt...empowered for once...

Anyway, I started walking down the sidewalk as the cold air blew around me. It was dark, but not pitch dark like at night. I kept walking. I lived closer around buildings, and it WAS only 8 or 9. I started texting my friend Soniya along the way.

Hey, what's up bro, I'm bored as hell

Within 15 seconds, I got a reply back.

Nothing much. Hey, wanna go out somewhere for the night? I've always wanted to do that. Lol, I'm such a rebel. We could also invite Hajvia, Samarah and the guys.

The thought of spending the night with my best friends at a fun place sounded amazing. I went back home and decided to change. I didn't wanna wear my school clothes to a party. I wore dark blue jeans, my new black and white vans, a red and purple plaid shirt tied to my waist and a black shirt that said: Boyfriends are overrated. I put on mascara, did my eyeliner and put on a new bright Hot pink lip gloss. I did my hair into my normal fave and put on hoop earrings. Then, I snuck out. Since it was already 9 by now.

Im ready. R u? I texted her.

Yaas. Alright come to my place. I look too good bruh.

I started walking the way to hers. Within like 10 minutes, I met her outside. She wore red and black Jordan's, dark denim blue shorts and a plain black shirt. Her makeup was flawless and she had her curly hair all out. She saw me and told me I looked gorgeous. Then we headed into Hajvia's house. We picked her up in a grey sweater, black Jeans, black sneakers and her hair tied in a side braid. She also wore a cute: "Dope" SnapBack backwards. After her, we went to pick up Samarah. She was looking girly, as usual. Next up was our squad of white boys, Cory, Trevor, and Ben. Then we hit the Downtown area.

"So, where too?" I start off.

"I was SO bored, that I read the GPS and it said that the nearest attraction is somewhere here." Cory says.

Attraction? Thank GOD we weren't going to a club. I was scared of those.

" ooo...how about THAT hidden area?" Trevor pointed to a building. We All didn't know what that was and decided to go check it out. It still wasn't exactly a club. It was all broken and beat down inside.

"AYE TURN UP IN THA BROKEN HOUSE!" Hajvia exclaimed as she pulled her purse out. She took a beats pill with her to blast music.

I looked around. Where the hell did I see this place before?

Get out. Before I kill you all.

Soniya started laughing.

"Haha, Trevor I KNOW it's you. You thought Samarah was taking a shit the other day and decided to make the EXACT same voice to scare her. Your so dumb man..."

"Soniya I swear that wasn't me."

Soniya was still laughing as she started dancing along to "fuck up some commas" Hajvia had put on the beats pill.

After totally forgetting about it that voice, we dared Ben to jump over the fence and see what car was parked. We even ended up finding a door that we THOUGHT was locked, until...

"Hey, WHAT A FAIL ITS OPEN!" Samarah goes in. We all follow her back in.

"Yo...this is SO dark and empty..." I say.

"Yeah, cause like its like 12 at night and this place MIGHT be abandoned, duh."

"But still, guys. We shouldn't be doing this." Cory says. "Let's turn back."

"C'mon mannnnn....it'll be FUN! Don't be such a low low all yo life and live for once!" Hajvia says.

"We're such rebel teens." I say. I never actually done stuff like this with people since I was kind of friendless back then. But after a few days of High School, I'm actually kinda happy.

Did you forget about me?

Oh god no. Not now. Not when I'm about to enter a dark empty area alone at night with my friends.

There's something in here, you gotta get out of here.

How can I tell that to my friends?

They won't be your friends tomorrow.