Chapter 16: Truth

My iPhone went off loud at 5:40AM. I opened my eyes and groaned. My room was filled with the dark blue to light blue ish sky. I almost fell back asleep until I forgot I had school once again.

After getting ready in the morning, I put on black jeans, and a grey hoodie, putting up my hood and black bag. Trinity wore dark blue jeans with a dark purple sweater.

As we both got in the car and drove away, the rain began pouring against the window, making tapping noises and making our moods horrible.

Worse, once we went in the building again, everyone gave us dirty looks since they knew about what I did. People avoided me thinking I was insane and was going to kill THEM as well. The entire day I walked in class to class, getting looks, lots of sheets of paper, and barely passed quizzes.

By the end of the school day, I was actually glad to leave. Although the entire day and night, I DID worry about what the doctor wanted to talk about. What else did he need to say? Worse. It was JUST to us. Not even my mom. That has to be even worse.

As we got back in the car, mom smiled, trying to make us feel happy about all this.

"Hey girls! How was school?"

"Alright I guess." I muttered. Trinity nodded, not saying much either.

The entire car trip, mom asked us questions and attempted to cheer us up, only to get 1-2 responses or completely ignored by us. I was too busy thinking about what the doctor wanted to say.
_________________________

Doctors office ~ 5:31PM

Dr. L. Hans closed the door on us as turned forward. Mom was in the waiting room for us.

"Dr. Hans, what's this for?" I asked him.

"Just call me Larry. And you two are definitely not insane. You're just...carrying some virus you may not want."

Me and trinity instantly looked up at him with shock.

"Wait......what?" I began.

"No....it's not possible." Trinity whispered to herself.

"Believe me. I had the EXACT same thing too. Let me guess. You two hear demonic voices in your head. Correct?"

We both nodded.

"And you both see these colourful demons that look exactly like you but in 7 different colours, am I right?"

We both nodded again. I actually felt a little relieved someone ACTUALLY believed us!

"Yeah. You two developed Shadow Syndrome."

"Wait...but what IS Shadow Syndrome? And how did we catch it?"

"It started a while ago. When you were forced to try that chanting one night. What did you feel Trina?"

"I felt a presence pushing me around and forcing me to try something. I didn't even know what I was doing yet stuff was going on anyway."

He nodded and smiled.

"I have had Shadow Syndrome before once too."

A wave of relief flushed over us once again.

"Wait!" You really mean there's a way to get rid of this?!"

He nodded.

"I always thought I was insane and people attempted to lock me up back in 1989. But I managed to find a way to stop it all. And every paranormal investigators know about this. Listen to my instructions.

"I need you two to fight them off."

"That's not going to help." Trinity exclaims, crossing her arms and frowning.

"I mean; the OTHER way. Like physical fight."

By now we were both confused. He could tell by our face, so he sighed and spoke up again.

"Alright. You're going to need to be knocked out, which I can do for you, and you're going to be trapped in your mind. There, you will find 8 demons crawling around. They each represent the 7 signs. The red one was rage, the green one was jealousy, the orange one was greed, the purple one was hate, the blue one was trust, yellow was pride, brown was gluttony, and the 8th one...well....she's the worst one. The leader. The one who you hear in your head. She's death. She kills your sanity until your completely insane. She's done it to me too. I almost went insane and actually did end up killing someone. They locked me up thinking it was homicide, until they tested my head and found out I had a rare disease. There are two options. You can only have 1 way to stop it: exorcism, and while your knocked out, you have to fight em."

At Least we knew we weren't truly insane. But we would've gone any second now.