Chapter 20: Losing it

I looked around for any clues oh how to become a shadow. Unfortunately, there wasn't anything. I had to ask shadow girl again.

"How do I become a shadow?"

She only smirked at me and walked around me in a circle.

"We could always switch." She grinned mischievously.

"Look. I don't wanna play any games. I need to become a shadow."

"Well then...tell me something about you."

"Well....I'm pretty rebellious."

"...let's call you Sinner."

Before I could even blink, the shadow girl came and attacked me, pinning me down and covering my eyes up with some black fog. I screamed for my life, through fear, not through pain.

I got enough strength to push her off me, and stand up. Only to not be able to stand! My legs were like half missing, my face was half bleeding real blood and a black ooze dropping down my eyes, with a big scar in the middle, vertical line as if my face was cut in half. Envy had my other body. She rocked her half green, and have my human skin flesh.

"Feels good to be human again!!!" Envy laughed, running with her new legs as fast as she could. Since I was half shadow, I had half my legs, meaning my ankle to foot completely disappeared as my legs looked faded like a ghost. It was pretty much useless attempting to run after her.

My eyes looked completely different. Whenever I looked at the mirrors nearby they would start moving, threatening to crack on its own.

"HELP!!" I heard my sisters voice call. She was pacing around, worried and looking for safety. I was hella glad to see her, only there was 1 problem. She couldn't see me.

So we played a little game called eyes.

In order for her to see me, she needed to look into the mirrors and see me. The only way I could communicate was to use my hot human breath to write a small message with fog.

So I did that. Every time she got closer, I would write a small message saying ITS ME! But she would never notice. Every time I pounded and screamed for her she never noticed.

Finally losing all hope, I leaned against the mirror and stared at the others..until they all eventually broke.

....wait a minute...

I instantly turned around and stared at the mirrored outside world. Within seconds, the mirror shattered to thousands of tiny pieces and I jumped out, the glass stabbing my feet below. Trinity just screamed and began backing away, until I told her it was me.

"I don't believe you!!" She grabbed a little shard of glass and threw it at my arm, making me bleed.

"If I wasn't Trina than how could I be bleeding red?! Wouldn't I be bleeding black?!"

She stopped to realize that, but shook her head.

"No. I saw you other there a while ago. You attacked me and attempted to stab me."

"Wait..what?! No I didn't!" I shout at her...what was she?!

Oh.

Envy.

Instant rage filled around me as the blood swarmed around me.

"Trina. If you believe me. No shadow would say what I will:

Instantly; my voice became more demonic within the next second.

We need an exorcism.

Her eyes widened at the fact that I sounded EXACTLY like the shadows we always heard.

"......okay. It's you. But what the hell happened?!"

"That other girl you encountered thinking was me, was actually Envy. We need to head to the centre of the spirits and signal SOMETHING to get them to start the exorcism."

"Right."

Now that I was a shadow, I could easily trick the others, and helped Trinity get into the mirror worlds by breaking the force within them.

In the centre, it shocked me.

There were HUNDREDS, to...literally THOUSANDS of lurking black to faded coloured shadows all roaming around. Crowded. But that wasn't bothering me.

I needed to find the biggest shadow we encountered herself. The cause of all these ones.

Although I needed to be careful. I remember the doctor saying that she represented death. Meaning she could end my shadow to real life within SECONDS. We needed to do what's best for us. Sneak.

As I took my first step, instantly every shadow in the room began screaming and running around in chaos. It scared me too. I had no idea what the hell was going on.

Even Trinity screamed. What is going on??

Trinity faced me; looked up, and backed away.

"No matter what you do...don't turn around."