- breathe

My fifteenth birthday.

Piled into my friend's truck, my 5 friends and I had the time of our lives. That night, when I laid in the bed of the truck, staring up at the moon and stars, breathing in the smell of sweet pea perfume and freshly cut grass I realized something; I am so thankful for my life.

That one night was all it took for me to see that there is more to life than a shitty town with shitty people and shitty situations. There's the sky, there's music, there's paintings, there's poetry. There's me. There's all of these beautiful things and everyone fails to acknowledge them.

Distract yourself. Find something you're passionate about and pour your soul into it. Forget the mess around you and focus on yourself.

Every morning before you start your day I want you to set a goal for yourself. Whether it be to read a few chapters of a book, or to exercise, or to smile more at people, or to stop bad habits. It can be the tiniest thing, but do it.

Set goals for yourself and let nothing, not even yourself stop you from achieving them. 

Most importantly, it costs nothing to be kind. Be respectful to those around you. Do you remember how you felt at your lowest point in life? Maybe the person you just insulted was feeling that way too and just needed a little something to tip them off the edge.

I want you to go out and live. Live life to the absolute fullest.

a.j.