Because of the X Factor- A Harry Styles Fanfiction.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

I woke up to the beeps of a machine. "What's happening!?" I asked the nurse that was making her way to the bed where Harry, and I were laying. I didn't need to ask, the answer was obvious.

"M'am, I'm gonna ask you to please leave the room" She said ignoring my question, and encouraging me up from the side of the bed. "Her too" she said pointing at 2 year old Katie, my beautiful granddaughter who was peacefully sleeping on the small, couch.

"What happened?" Katie asked half asleep when I sat her down on a chair in the waiting room. I felt a tear make its way down my cheek, and quickly wiped it off. "What's wrong grammie?" She asked wrapping her little arms around me.

"Go to sleep, my dear. I'm fine." I lied trying not to worry her.

After what felt like forever the same nurse walked towards me. She didn't speak a word, she knew there was no need. She knew I already knew; Harry had passed away.

----------

"Grandma, braid my hair, would you?" She asked standing on my doorway with a glass on her hands.

"Of course. you know I love seeing your long, brown hair braided" I answered with the kindest smile I could pull off.

"Thanks. Can I ask you something?" Katie asked setting her orange juice on the table next to my bed, and turning around allowing me to comb her hair.

"Sure, honey. You know you can ask me anything you want." I answered

"It's been a long time since grandpa passed away..." I said and I gasped at the memory. "And you haven't told me the story of how you two met..." She paused, and I tied her braid with the hair tight. "Wanna tell me now?" She continued, I could tell she was a little scared of the answer she'd received.

I let the newly braided hair fall in her right shoulder, and she spun her body to face me, but looked down, avoiding her gaze.

"I-" I looked up at her brown eyes, "I think it's time. Let me tell you.." I smiled and forced my memory to trail back to Freshman year. '?