Chapter 6

It's been four days since the day I got my phone taken away by my mom, and I'm walking home from a horrible Monday at school. I'm walking very slow, I don't wanna go home yet.

Valentina and Hannah invited me to join them to go get some In N' Out, and some Jamba Juice afterwards, and I went. After all, mom specified that I couldn't go the bakery, and didn't mention other places.

I finally get home and go straight to the kitchen to get a drink of water. I see $20 sitting on the counter, and a post- it note on next to the money. I take it and read it:

Vanessa,

I went out for the evening with some of my friends. I probably won't be back until 11pm, so don't wait for me awake. I also left $20 for food, your cousin Maecie said she will be there by 6pm, and she's staying for the night, so be ready!

-Love, mom.

You see, I met Maecie when I was eleven years old. We're not really cousins, her grandfather is my grandfather's cousin, which makes us not really cousins, but I still love her as if she was.

I miss her so much, I hadn't talked to her in about 2 months now, and I really missed her. When we met, we clicked just like that and we were inseparable. I used to go to her house every weekend. I did that for about a year straight, until my mom told me that what I was doing wasn't right.

Maecie is the kind of girl that speaks her mind, and always tells you when you've done something wrong, and she's also always there to help you solve the problem. I can trust her with anything, I know that my secrets are safe with her. She's very loyal.

I think that the reason why I get along so well is because we don't see each other as cousins, but as best friends. I love her so much, and I'm just so happy she's coming over.

I check the time and it was a little past four o' clock. I took a shower and changed into a fresh pair of jeans and shirt. I blow dried my hair and by the time I was done, it was barely 4:40pm. I set my alarm at 5:30pm, took a nap