Chapter 5

"Why are you home so late, missy?" My mom asked as soon as I crossed the doorway. Her tone was serious, I could tell she was mad.

"I went to bakery." I innocently answered. "You could've called. That's your phone is for. I was worried about you" She firmly said. "Sorry, mom. Won't happen again." "I'm sure it won't, you're grounded." She said and my jaw dropped.

"I'm what?" I asked in shock. "You heard me: grounded. No phone, and no trips to the bakery for tow weeks." "Mom! You can't take my phone away. You're over reacting, I was just late! Please don't ground me." I begged. "I'm not arguing, Vanessa."

"Ugh!" I ran to my room and slammed the door shut before she could even ask for the my phone. I unlocked the screen and transfer all my data to the memory card, so if my mom looked through it, she wouldn't find anything very personal.

"Don't even try to hide, young girl. I want the phone" She demanded from the other side of the door. I took the memory card out, and put it on my pocket. I opened the door, and a sigh escaped my payed lips when I handed her the electronic device.

I felt a tear rolling down my cheek. I was very angry at mom. She could've taken anything else away. ANYTHING. And I wouldn't mind so much. She could've even prohibited me from going out with my friends. But why would she take my phone away? Maybe because she knows how much I cherish it, and that by taking away I would learn my lesson.

With that though, I laid in bed, and put my head on top if my mattress size pillow, and wrapped the covers around my already warm body.

I woke up and palmed the side of the pillow next to my head, looking for my phone. I sighed when I remembered my mom had taken away, and closed my eyes to fall into unconsciousness once again.

After about 40 minutes of unsuccessful attempts to go to sleep, I sat on the edge of my bed.

I sat there, just thinking that for two weeks I wouldn't be able to see nor text Harry. I admit I should've texted mom telling her I'd be late, I knew she'd be worried, but I never thought she'd take it this far.

I heard footsteps approaching, and my mom slowly opened the door. When she saw me, she fully opened it, and started making her way over, and sat next to me.

"You'll get it back in two weeks, don't worry.." She calmly said. "I know." I replied trying to make my voice sound as soft as possible.

"You know I'm not just doing it to piss you off, right?" She asked and her hand made contact with mine. I squeezed hers a little and responded, "I know. Thanks." She kissed my forehead, and got up. "Dinner's ready." She announced. "Thanks."