Chapter 7

I woke up, and went straight to the couch. I turned the TV on and watched High School Musical. At six sharp, the doorbell rang, I opened the door and saw Maecie. She was wearing light pink pants, a floral shirt with ruffles on the front, and naked flats.

"Vanessa!" She hugs me holding a bag on her right hand. "Hi, Maecie! How are you?" I ask opening the door wider and motioning for her to come inside.

"I'm great. How are you?" She asked as we sat on the couch. "I'm grounded. My mom took my phone away four days ago for two weeks."

"Ouch. Why?" I told her everything. All the way from the day I met Harry to when mom said she was taking it away to make sure I learned my lesson.

"That sucks."

"Tell me about it. Anyway, what do you wanna do?" I asked changing the subject.

"I have an idea for you to get your phone back" She says staring at nowhere with a big smile on her face. "What do you mean?" I asked not understanding what she meant. "Mom said I'd get it back in two weeks. I don't thinks there's something I can do to make her change her mind and give it before the two week period"

"You're so innocent. I like you" she said smirking and continued, "I'll help you look for it, and you can just get it when we find it. I'm sure it'll be here somewhere" I shock my head "She wouldn't carry it around with her" she added.

"Are you crazy? She'll find out immediately" I said shaking my head.

"She won't find out. I promise, I do it all the time. You just have to be very cautious of where you keep it, also where you use it" she said getting up. "And very importantly, one day before the two weeks have past, you gotta put it back in the place we find it" She started to walk, but I was in shock. I just sat there admiring her evil, but yet perfect plan.

"You coming?" She asked with a smirk. "You bet I am" I replied and began our search.

----------

"I found it!" I barely hear Maecie shout from far away. I was in the laundry room, I had just looked for it inside the dryer, because I remember that when mom took my Nintendo DSi, I accidentally found it inside.

As soon as I heard her I went running back inside the house. "Where are you?" I asked staring at the ceiling, to make sure my voice traveled all direction, so my cousin could hear me. She didn't answer, but instead she came to the living room, with the electronic device on her hand.

"I assumed it's yours, because the case it's Christopher Robin, and I know how much you love Winnie the Pooh" she said taking a look at the phone. I took it away from her touch, and pressed it into my chest. "You found it. You found my baby. I missed it so much" I cried.

"You're welcome" she said and laughed.

"Thank you so much."

"You owe me some food, young lady" she said. "Is pizza good?" I asked turning on the phone. "Pepperoni, please"

I ordered the pizza through the phone and the lady that took my order on the other side of the line, said it would be here in less than thirty minutes.

I had 4 unread messages and I opened them.

3 of them were from Harry, and the other one was from a girl from school. I clicked on "New Message"

To: Harry

Sorry I couldn't reply to your texts, I was grounded and my mom had taken away my phone! I hope you're doing great. xx

I got up from the couch and walked to the kitchen where Maecie was drinking some water. My phone buzzed the second I sat down on a chair, and I opened the text

From: Harry

It's all good, don't worry. Yes, indeed I'm doing great! And you?

To: Harry

I'm good :)! Hey, I'll talk to you later, I a little busy. xx

From: Harry

Sure, bye!

I sighed, "I feel kinda bad" I told Maecie. "Why?" She asked looking at the tips of her perfect straight, blond hair. "Because I took the phone" I answered, "but more than bad, I feel guilty of knowing I'll basically be lying to my mother" I traced the wood marks of the table with the tip of my finger.

"Feeling guilty is normal the first time, it'll go away eventually, don't worry" she gave me a reassuring smile. "My aunt over reacted. plus, t's not like we're committing a crime" The doorbell rang and I got up and made my way to the door.

"Maybe you're right" I murmured.

----------

Hey, guys! I know that earlier today I said I wouldn't upload until I finished my essay and PowerPoint for history class.

Well guess what!?

Nope, I haven't finished. I just decided to take a break and post :)! I hope you enjoyed it, and don't expect another chapter until Sunday at least, I really need to finish the homework.