Chapter 3

I kicked the door of my room shut behind me, took my shoes off and let myself fall backwards into my small, comfortable bed. About 25 minutes have passed since I kissed Harry and left the bakery. He hasn't texted or called yet, I starting to think he probably won't.

No, Vanessa, no! He asked for your number because he will text or call, he's busy, he can't use the phone right now.

I closed my eyes and let myself fall into unconsciousness.

The cold wind sneaking into my room from the small widow woke me up. I say up, and threw a duvet on top of me to block the wind, and closed the window. I reached for my phone that was sitting on the dresser across from my bed.

I unlock the screen and see that I have one unread message. I feel my heart beat speeding up.

I opened it and it read:

From: Unknown

Hey, it's Harry. How are you?

I noticed he text had been sent 28 minutes ago, and quickly saved his number and pressed the 'Reply' button.

To: Harry

Hi. I'm good, how are you? Sorry I replied so late, but I was taking a nap.

From: Harry

I'm great! Oh don't worry, it's alright

To: Harry

Thanks. Is your shift over yet?

From: Harry

Yeah, my shift ends at 3:30

I read the text and checked the time, it was 4:12, so it ended 42 minutes ago.

----------

"Vanessa, you know I hate when you so that!" Ally complained after I sprinted across the hallway and jumped on her shoulders.

"Guess what!?"

"I'm guessing something good happened, you got your stupid smile on your face" she said and chuckled.

"You know how very Wednesday I go to W. Mandeville Bakery and buy a bagel just to see Harry, right?" She looked a little confused. "Harry? Who's Harry?" She asked. "The cashier boy I told you about." I said in a you-should-know-by-now tone.

"Oh. What about him?" She inquisitively asked.

"Yesterday at the bakery, he had my bagel ready for me, introduced himself, gave me the bagel for free, and...."

"And what!?" Ally said loud enough for the whole hallway to hear.

"He asked for my number!!!" I squeaked and jumped. "Oh my god! That's great!" "Wait, it gets better, I kissed his cheek before I left, and we texted all night last night." I felt my cheeks heating up, but Ally hugged me before she could notice.

The bell rang, interrupting the embrace, and we pulled away.

"I need to see him. Today." She said walking away. "But-" "No excuses, Vanessa! Zero." And she turned left, disappeared from sight

----------

Hey guys! First of all thanks for reading! It means a lot :)!

I'd like to give a shout out to @tChilo01 because she's been helping me so much! She made the book cover&that is awesome! You should totally go check her stories, because they're really good, she's a great writer :)!

Also I'd like to give a shoutout to Valentina, who also helped me with the first chapter of the story :)!

Thanks! Love you all! xx