Chapter 5 - New Status. Ex-Thief Shinobi.

"I see." The Hokage mused out, after he finished hearing Ibiki's explanation. "And what do you think should we do about-..."

"Greetings, everyone. What do I miss?" Kakashi greeted, as he appeared all of a sudden, crouching on the windowsill, his eye locked on the orange book in his hand.

"Kakashi... You're late again..." Ibiki muttered, obviously annoyed.

"Ahaha..." He laughed awkwardly, "Well, you see... I saw this little puppy. He had one of his leg broken so I decided to-..."

"Cut it off, Hatake." Ibiki snapped, "I found out that Akai-..."

"Akai?"

"The thief brat. She could handle senbons very well."

"I think the only ones who used senbons are puppeteers from Suna and hunter nins from Kiri. Right?" Kakashi asked.

"Yes. And her main chakra nature is water."

"That means it's highly possible that her homeland is Kirigakure." Hiruzen finished the theory, "Who should be her sensei?"

"... Not Gai, obviously. As I said before, she has a very large chakra reserves. She can handle senbons and daggers, we also need someone who can deal with that." Kakashi told the two.

"Not Asuma. He's too laid back of a person to deal with an ex-thief." The Hokage added, narrowing the possibilities.

"And Kurenai isn't suitable, too. Her sensei should be someone who can put her under pressure to control her actions. But I don't know who." Ibiki commented, to find the other two staring at him. "What?"

"You will be her sensei." Kakashi and the Hokage said in a sync.

"Why me?! I have my job in the T&I!"

"You're the one who can 'put her under pressure', as how you say it."

"And you're an interrogator. Remember that we still need information from her."

Ibiki let out a sigh.

"Fine. But who else will we put on a team with a girl we're not even sure we can trust?" Ibiki asked, the irritation basically steaming off of him. He was an interrogator, not a sensei.

The Hokage thought about this for a moment before he pulled out the files of all the students that currently attended the academy an would graduate with the graduating class. "Here, you can pick." The Kage said with a small smirk on his lips as he ushered him closer to his desk.

Ibiki walked over in front of the Hokages desk, and picked up the files of the male students. He figured that he should pick boys that would have decent skills that related to Akai's. And for the next two hours, that's all Ibiki did.

| * | * | * | * | * |

"Akai." Ibiki said as he let out a long, aggravated sigh escaping his lips. "This is not as hard as you're making it out to be." He said, rubbing his temples slightly as he glanced up at the blue haired girl who was grinning from ear to ear.

"But I am trying!"

"Do it again, but this time, please do it right." Ibiki said, and Akai nodded before she rolled her eyes slightly. She placed her hands in front of her in the formation of "Tiger." and began to concentrate her chakra through out her body.

She closed her eyes and began to truly focus on performing the Jutsu that Ibiki had been trying to teach her - Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu - for the last hour. Akai being Akai had been goofing around and not taking it as seriously as she should have. Ibiki was well aware that if she truly tried, this would be nothing to her.