Chapter Twelve

Tom picked picked me up from school.

"why are you um picking me up?" I asked.

"your father wanted me to, and I am helping with training today."

"I was told you weren't," I said.

"correct. But I'm training with you."

"What why?" i was really curious.

"It's not important right now," he smirked, "oh hey and one more thing," he paused.

"What is it?" then he pulled me in tight for a passion kiss. After the kiss I spoke, "you know, I really like you," I blushed embarrassed.

"I really like you too. Like, like as a 'crush' I guess that's what you call it." i was so awkward about it. I thought to myself 'then ask me out' but nope he didn't.

The next couple days of training were really difficult, also because I wasn't really stealthy. But today was the day of the event. All the people entering were: Martha, Helgrin, Xavier, me, furia, there were three people I couldn't name, (very high up followers of ianite and mianite), and then the last person walking through my heart stopped... t-tom.

We all were in a preparation room getting a few last minute tips from trainers, in my case Cronus was there for me, I could always count on him. Tom then walked up to me,

"Your father made me swore not to tell you otherwise I wouldn't be able to compete. But if you win, or I win, or furia wins, it will never change my opinion on you, because I really like you," he handed me a small box, "here, this is for you, good luck, and I'll see you out there." Then he walked away, practically disappeared. I opened the box, it was a fiery red rose inside a fake glass bottle. It was beautiful. I put it on and then hid it under my jacket. We basically were all wearing the outfits they wore in a movie called 'The Hunger Games'.

"Cronus how do these tournaments work, I didn't know about it until a month ago, I'm scared, what if I disappoint my father,'' I asked about to cry.

"Hey hey, you're the daughter of dianite, and the dianites daughter never cries. And the way this works is there are three people going up for three different gods, in three different events.-"

''wait three events? Which are?" I interrupted.

"agility, fighting, and strategy tactics."

"were the others taught the tactics?!" I asked because I didn't know about this part.

"yes everyone does, I know this all because before this year I was in your spot."

"You were? that's cool, but I had no acknowledgement on the tactics part." I started to tear up.

"FIVE MINUTES UNTIL IT BEGINS!" some random work said. I whipped up my tears, cronus gave me a really good pep talk, and I left that room feeling like a confident badass. Also on my way out giving tom and really dirty look, and a snotty 'good luck'. We all lined up and I was ready.