Super Heroes

You know that first part of the Incredibles movie? Where Mr. Incredible and Elastic Girl meet on that building before their wedding? This is gonna be like that, except different dialogue, they're meeting before a date, and they have different powers.

--

The sun was setting. It cast a red glow over the city, the light bouncing off the skyscrapers in a blinding flash.

A man clad in black worked swiftly. He crouched on top of a building by the entrance to the stairwell, rummaging through a stolen purse. As his hands closed around a wallet, he heard a faint whoosh behind him.

He spun around, but there was no one there.

He shifted on his feet uneasily. This town was chock full of superheroes, and a lowly crook like him really needed to watch his back. Before he could turn back toward the purse, something cold and hard slammed into his temple, and he crumpled to the ground.

"Hey!" A voice called from above. A man alighted onto the building top, a breeze swirling under his feet. He looked the part of a super, a red and white elastic suit, wrap-around red sunglasses and a belt. He stood up straight, his arms folded. "I had that one."

At first it seemed like he was talking to no one, until another person came around the entrance of the stairwell and into sight.

She was a super as well, but looked more like a biker. She had a black motorcycle helmet, a leather jacket, and a tool belt chock full of gadgets. Her left hand, instead of flesh and bone, was made of metal.

"Well, you were certainly taking your time," she said, her voice clear despite being covered in the motorcycle helmet. She messed with something on her wrist, twisting it and typing something in.

"You have to be intimidating," the man said defensively, "and I had him."

Suddenly, the crook came around. He stood, a lopsided smile on his face. "Look, the lady had me first --"

The biker super silenced him with another punch from her metal fist.

"You know," the super in the jumpsuit said, "at this rate, we're both going to be late."

The biker super walked to him. "I believe that every schedule works like a machine."

"You think everything works like a machine."

"It's true. You just have have to be able to make a few ..." She nicked his chin. " ... tweaks ... here and there."

She back up and jumped off the building, disappearing from sight.

A tingle went up the remaining super's spine. "Whoa."