Horror Movie (plus announcement)

Pff, this horror movie isn't that scary -- wait, did you hear something?

Prompted by: abusedangel101 (sorry it took so long)

Happy late birthday Kai, twas a special day for us all. But, I'm afraid I have a somewhat depressing announcement at the end of this, so stayed tuned if you please.

Kai and Cinder are watching a rather old horror movie called The Shining. I hope I can still make it funny for those who haven't seen it.

-

"You've never seen The Shining? really?"

Kai arched an eyebrow at Cinder. "Sorry, Princess, I don't make it a habit of mine to watch movies that horrify me."

Cinder scowled. "But that's the point of them!"

"Then why, for the love of stars, would you want to be scared? On purpose!"

"Because it's fun, stupid! Now come on! The popcorn's ready."

Cinder opened the microwave, took out the bag, and began to pour the popcorn into a bowl. She told Kai to go and start the movie, so he went to the living room.

"My birthday and I don't get to choose the movie," Kai sighed, picking up The Little Mermaid disc and staring at it with longing. "If only," he murmured, stowing it away in it's proper case and pulling out The Shining.

He was just inserting the disc into the drive and picking up the remote as Cinder walked in.

"Ready? Excellent." She sat down on the couch, popcorn bowl in her lap, and patted the place beside her. Kai sat, and with trembling hands, he played the movie.

At first it was alright, besides Kai begging the main character, Jack Torrence, to not go to the secluded Overlook Hotel because it would, quote, "be really scary."

By the time the blood poured from the elevator, Kai was screaming and grabbing Cinder's arm at every scene change.

"I think we'll skip the dead naked grandma in the bath tub," Cinder said as Jack was walking throug a room, and she slowly losing the feeling in her fingers from Kai's vice-like grip.

"The WHAT?!"

"Nothing, just look away, honey."

After a grueling two hours, the movie was finished, and Kai looked like he was about to faint. He was curled up into a ball, head in Cinder's lap, and he kept murmuring "red rum" under his breath.

Cinder did her best to hold in a laugh, looking at him with raised eyebrows. "You okay there, champ?"

Kai slowly sat up. "Pff, th-that horror movie wasn't that scary--" His head whipped around "--did you hear something?"

Cinder snorted and then covered it with a cough. She stood up and took Kai's hands, pulling him from the couch and out of the room. "C'mon buddy, you can sleep with me tonight."

-

Okay, so, depressing announcement. Well, depressing for those who like my fanfictions. Anyway, I am sad to say that I will not be continuing making Lunar Chronicles fanfiction. It's been, maybe a year, and I think I'm done. My writer's well has been drawn dry, and I'm ready to move on to other things.

Some complications:

I will not be continuing the Meili fanfiction.

I will be taking no more questions for the A Guide to being Lunar: Ask the Rampion Crew (you may have noticed I've been slacking, but thank you for the questions you gave).

I may be writing fanfiction for other books.

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting. I wish you all the best.

incinderwetrust
(I might be changing this user as well)