Spiders

My pet tarantula escaped and I forgot to warn the guy downstairs, who's afraid of spiders.

Prompted by: @PurplePanda22et

--

Kai shrieked and upturned his scrambled eggs.

A huge, hairy, eight-legged, six-eyed thing stared at him from underneath the table. It hissed at him.

Kai scrambled up to the top of the table, armed with a fork. "Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap," he murmured as the tarantula skittered out from underneath the table and started eating the spilled eggs.

Kai fumbled with his phone, frantically dialing 911.

"911 what's your emergency," a calm female voice said over the phone.

"There is a huge. Spider. In my house," Kai almost screamed. There was a sigh.

"Sir, this number is for emergencies only. Why don't you call an exterminator?"

"Because it's a tarantula!"

"Did the tarantula bite you? Are you having an allergic reaction?"

"No ... but --!"

"An exterminator." The operator hung up. Kai cursed. He put his phone down and aimed his fork at the feasting arachnid. He didn't want spider guts all over his floor, but he couldn't see another way.

He was about to throw the fork, when there was a knock on the door.

"Hello?" a voice called. Kai recognized it as the girl from the apartment above his, Cinder. "My pet tarantula escaped and I forgot to warn you. You're the one who's afraid of spiders, right?"