Chapter 16

Hermione's

I woke up from flashbacks. I am still here in my room. I have to get up and pretend like nothing is wrong. Today students are going to come back and regular classes will be applied. I walk towards the lavatory.

Good, he's not here. I can take a peaceful shower. This is the only way I could relax. Everything was over. They are arranged and I couldn't do anything about it. Atleast our relationship lasted for months. I look at the time and its 8:00 my first class start at 9. I walked towards the room and got dressed.

I arranged my books and went out. I cursed a sigh under my breath before going inside of the great hall.

"Morning guys. "I greeted aimlessly. And Ginny got up and gave me a hug.

"So how's your Christmas break?" She asked, i bet she doesn't even have a clue what happened.

"It was fine. "I respond.

"Mione, thank you for you gift by the way!" Harry said.

"Sure, it was fantastic." I mutterred as I ate my fried eggs. I took a glimpse of the Slytherin's table. He is there with Astoria. He lied to me, that's what hurt the most.

Few minutes later, we walked towards the DADA classroom. And professor Reidlake, gave some few announcement.

"So as a start, I want you all to in your pairs again and do this task."as he dicusses the task I cant help it but think about the task. He is my partner. how could we do this? "Now go to your partners and dicuss this task."

I didn't move. I was just there frozen of this sudden pair up. I'm not ready to face him. He was walking towards my place and sat beside me. He whispered a spell under his breath and began to open his mouth like he was about to say something to me.

"Hermione." He called. I didn't pay attention to him. I started writing somethings to get me distracted.

"Hermione, please."

"Please talk."

"I have no time for this Malfoy. We better talk about this lesson that our professor wants us to discuss." I sent him a cold stare.

Didn't say a word after that. I'm being so cold towards him, like before.

After our class I quickly went near to the black lake all by myself. Throwing some rocks.

"Ahh, why do you have to do this to me?!" I shouted as i grab a fistful of rocks and throw it forcefully.

I heard footsteps and a sigh.

"Oh, Hermione." I heard Ginny's coo as i turned see her and Travis.

"He is no good Hermione." She said as she hugged me.

I started to cry again, Travis is watching my tears flow by as he tried to make me smile by having a wacky expression.

"He lied to me Ginny."

"I know. And that Astoria girl played along."

"I just can't believe that he would do this to me." I cried harder.

"Everything is gonna be alright, okay?" Travis said as he walked closer to us.

I am really hoping that i would just wake up from this awful nightmare and we will be back together. Where everything is just fine.

"I hope Travis."

We stayed there 'til 6 they talked to me about what happened. I decided to skip dinner and stayed at my common room. As I scanned the room i noticed a letter.

As i read the letter I couldn't believe what i just read. The letter was from Astoria she keeps on sending threats about me and Draco. I should've known.

Draco, doesn't want this. I gasped as i heard the door cracked open.

"Hermione." He said and you actually see the light of hope in his grey eyes.

"She is sending you threats? You should've told me."

"You read them?"

"I can't help it and for pete's sake Draco! This threats aren't only about you! Its about us." I held out the letter. He lied to me about their arrangement and now this?

"Please listen. I just want to protect you from her!" He somehow raised her voice.

"Draco why? It hurts to think that you lied to me. The whole time I thought you love me and that you changed." I tried to say this with my emotions without my voice cracking.

"I love you Hermione! I'm sorry that I lied. I wanted to protect you. I changed for you! Don't be like this. We can still fix this. Please." He plead with his eyes begins to pour salty tears.

I've never seen him cry for a girl before.

"Do you love her?" I asked him bravely.

"I don't but i have too. I don't want this."

This isn't just about us this also about his family. Draco is lucky he still have his family with him, they maybe a little broken but they are still complete. The world doesn't just revolve around us.

"I know but you lied and this is for your family's sake Draco. Set this aside, set us aside." I finally said and went to my room.

I regret it but its worth it.