Chapter 41: Oh Shit

Chapter 41: Oh Shit

Hhmmmhmm Mmhmmmmhmm

"Well aren't you cute." Natasha says, interrupting my humming.

"Thank you, what are you doing in my room?" I ask laying my jacket on my bed.

"Thought you'd want some help getting ready. Your outfit is cute though. That bright blue top really makes your eyes pop, but I wouldn't go with your leather pants.¨ She says taking a seat on the couch.

"I'm perfectly capable of dressing myself, thank you very much.¨ I say sitting down to put my boots on.

"No rocket boots. I have the perfect little, black booties. Wait just a second." She says standing and leaving as if not hearing a single thing I said. I drop my boot and walk to the bathroom, fixing my hair and makeup. By the time I'm done, Natasha has returned with the shoes. "Now I'll go," She says thrusting the sores to me. She smiles as she leaves, and I just roll my eyes. I put on the shoes and look at myself one last time in the mirror. Maybe I should change... Or redo my hair... It's only 6:30. I have time. I walk out of the closet, ready to try again with my hair, but see Steve in the doorway, leaning against the frame.

"Hey." He says upon seeing me.

"Hi." I say gesturing for him to come in. He walks over to me while I play with the different sippers and details on my jacket.

"Still nervous?" He asks, standing next to me, hands in his pockets.

"Of course not, I just have a roller coaster in my stomach and find it difficult to walk. Super excited." I say weakly, still playing with the jacket sleeve.

"Well it's been a long time." He says sitting down next to my jacket, now in my line of view.

"7 years, 5 months and 17 days."

"So you two have a lot to catch up on." I look at him as he smiles.

I shake my head, but smile too. "I with this feeling in my stomach would just go away. When we saw each other, it was like all the bad things that happened to us... didn't..."

"But, it might not be like that. That's why you feel the way you do." Steve says, finishing my thoughts. I don't know what to say now. In a way, talking to Steve helped, but also made me more anxious. "Jade," Steve says standing up and taking my jacket.

"You're going to be fine." He says, taking my shoulder and turning me around. He helps me slip on my jacket and placed his hands on my shoulders. "I'm sure everything will be..." He squeezes my shoulders. "Fine." I sigh silently thank Steve for being here. I lean back on him and hold my face in my hands.

"I don't understand why I'm feeling like this though. I never feel this nervous." He clears his throat and moves his hands.

"Well it did take a minute for you and Peter to get things back to normal. It will probably take a little longer for you and..." He clears his throat again and finishes in an almost grunt. "Luc."

"You're right. Your right. Of course you're right. I just have to get over myself and get through this." I turn around to face him. "Like I did with Peter." When I look at him, his jaw is clenched, again. Is he angry with me? Oh what have I done now? Alright, nope, nope, not gonna go there. Too many things to think about. Just, focus on Luc. I look back up at him, his face still cold. "Well I guess I better get going."