The Date

Its beautiful. I don't know if I can even explain it in words. The first thing I notice is that I'm still outside in what seems to be the woods. The clearing I'm in is surrounded by purple and yellow wildflowers and tall dry grass. There is so many flowers its unbelievable. Several feet in front of me is a huge willow tree. When I walk underneath its canopy there is a round table and two chairs. Both the chairs are beautifully crafted and upholstered. In the middle of the table sits a vase full of more purple and yellow flowers. Not the wildflowers that surround me but other types of flowers. probably my favorite part is twinkly lights everywhere, strung through all the smaller trees surrounding me but also wrapped around the hanging branches of the willow tree. And what makes it all so perfect is that Its twilight so Im completely enwrapped in vibrant pastel colors streaked across the sky.

I then realize that I shouldn't be alone. "Robin?" I call out but there is no response. I begin to walk around quietly yelling for him but I can't seem to find him. I walk back underneath the willow tree, and move to look behind it. As I peek my head around the tree, I jump due to someone wrapping their arms around my waist. Robin I think. I smile and bite my lip while turning in his arms to face him.

"Hello beautiful" He says calmly while smiling and looking at me.

"Well hello handsome!" I giggle still wrapped in his embrace. I could stay like this forever. In his arms I feel safe, I feel happy.

He just stays staring at me and feel my cheeks begin to grow hot. He leans forward and gives me a soft and quick kiss. I giggle...again and decide to break the silence. "This is beautiful Robin. All of it. However did you find this place?" I stay in his embrace and turn my head to look around.

"Well I surprisingly spend a lot of time in the woods and I happened to find this place one day and was in awe by Its natural beauty" He says grabbing my hand. and I turn to look at him "Would you like to eat M'lady?"

"Sure" I say and leads me over to the table. He pulls out the chair for me and I sit down opposite him. He does look very handsome. He's wearing a nice button up long sleeve shirt and jeans. He's also wearing a grey blazer over his shirt. I just can't believe he did all this for me.

"Robin what do you see in me?" I ask

"The same thing you see in me."

"And whats that?"

"A second chance"

"What do you mean?"

"Well I had my wife Marion, and she died years ago and I thought It would just be me and Roland forever. But then I found you, you were my second chance. Then if I'm correct you loved someone, your fiancé but then he passed away. And so am I your second chance Regina?"

I smile and realize that yes, he is my second chance. "Definitely" I respond with a large smile on my face. He opens the silver buffet looking platters and offers me some food. Grilled chicken breast with asparagus and mashed potatoes.

*****

We had exchanged a lot of small talk and found out more about each other. "Wow Robin this is delicious!" I exclaim taking my napkin and wiping my mouth.

"Glad you liked it." I put my napkin back on my lap and just smile.

"You know Robin If you stare at me any longer you might burn a hole tough me" I chuckle.

"Sorry your just so beautiful."I feel myself start to blush again and he stands up offering me his hand. So I place my hand in his. "Where are we going?" I ask but he doesn't respond he just leads me to the trunk of the willow tree. He reaches behind it and pulls out a picnic blanket. He then lays it so that If sitting on it you could lean against the trunk of the tree. He sits on top of it and pats the spot next to him offering me to come sit next to him. I take his offer and sit down next to him.

He then wraps his arm around me and I lean in to him. Resting my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes and he runs his fingers through my hair. I then feel him kiss the top of my head. I look up slowly and see his eyes are closed too. I go back to my position closing my eyes once more. I cant relax though. My heart is beating at rapid pace because I am just so happy I can contain it. This man is perfect, and I definitely love him for it. "I love you regina." he speaks quietly. "i love you too." and I reach to kiss him on the cheek. But I fall back to my original position cause I love the way it feels with him wrapped around me. And I meant it, I really do love him.

AN: so I hope you guys like this chapter. :)