Moving Day

I wake up excited! Today is moving day!

My name is Regina Mills, I'm 31 years old, and I own Regal Arts. I started Regal Arts when I was 20. I've always been good at art and I love children! Even though I have none of my own, I thought why not put the two together! Regal arts is an art school for children ages 5-17. We have 3 groups; The Dukes and Duchesses group for ages 5-8, Princes and Princesses group for ages 9-13, and Kings and Queens for ages 14-17.

     Anyway today is moving day which means we get the new batch of 5 year olds today! I love getting the new students because many stay till they 'graduate'. It's just so amazing to watch them grow up right in front of you. And to watch their art skills improve everyday.

I got dressed in a deep red v-neck t-shirt, Dark skinny jeans, and my black ballet flats. Working at an art school you can't exactly dress in fancy clothes. I apply a light coat of makeup, grab my purse, lock the door and head out to my car. I walk down the stairs as quietly as possible trying to avoid waking my neighbors in the other apartments.

I drive up to work at about 6:30 and walk in to see ruby at the registration desk sorting papers for all the new kids. I go in to the Dukes and Duchesses room (D&D) and begin to set up. Todays project is watercolor art. I head to the supply closet and grab brushes, paper, and of course water colors. I lay everything out on the tables so that each child has one of everything.

Next I run in to the Princes and Princesses room (P&P) and see my good friend emma already starting to set up. She runs the P&P group.

"Hey Regina!" she says with a smile.

"Hey girly! How are you today? " I reply enthusiastically

"Pretty good! How about you?"

"Im super excited! I just can't wait for the new 5 year olds! They're always just so cute!" I grab a bin of clay and help emma evenly distribute it among the empty chairs.

"I know that is always so exciting!"

We stand there quietly for a couple minutes just distributing clay.

"Well I better get going!" I say as I wash the clay off my hands, "I need to go check on Mary-Margaret."

"Say hi to her for me!" Emma hollers as i walk out.

I walk in to the room to find it surprisingly empty.

I then remember that i have my walkie on me (all employees get one) and i speak in to it asking "Mary are you here?"

No response.

"Mary?"

Nothing.

"Hey ruby" I say in to the mic

"Yes Miss Mills!" I hear her voice through the speaker.

"Have you seen Mary-Margaret today?"

"No ma'am"

"Ok thanks Ruby. And how many times do I have to tell you ruby, you can call me Regina."

I just hate being called ms.mills I'm not any better then anyone here were all adults. And I just like Regina better.

"Sorry Miss- I mean Regina"

I snap the walkie back on my pants and decide to call Mary on her cell. She picks up on the first ring.

"Regina I'm so sorry I overslept I'll be right over! "

"Mkay Mary thats alright you still got time! Emma and I will set up your room since were both already done"

"Thanks so much Regina sorry again"

"No problem!"

And I hear my phone beep signaling that the call has ended.

A/N: Sorry guys kinda boring chapter but don't worry it gets better! (Way better!)