"Falling" in love

I can't stop smiling. I've never been more happy in my life. I finally found someone I can trust. Someone who when he looks at me I blush, someone's whose arms make me feel safe, and someone whose lips make my knees weak. I am falling madly in love with Robin Locksley. No, I'm in love with him.

It's now lunch time and the kids are running on the playground. I'm watching Roland and I notice he doesn't really look like Robin. Other then those beautiful dimples they really have very little in common, physically wise.

My mind drifts back to Robin. His gorgeous smile-

"Regina!" Emma is looking at me waving her hand in front of my face

"Sorry, what did you say?" I question acting like I had done nothing.

"You were thinking about Robin, weren't you?" I hate how she knows me so well.

I blush not knowing what to say. "Maybe I was. So what it's none of your business." I say my words full of sass.

"It is totally my business!" Emma shouts playfully "my best friend is falling in love." She says all cute and childish. As if I'm her daughter growing up or something. "C'mon tell me, how was the date?" She starts to get all giddy and excited.

I stand up from my chair, prancing around like a unicorn in the clouds. "It was...perfect" she looks at me with puppy dog eyes. Her hands holding her head up and her elbows resting on the table. "I don't even know where to begin. First off that clearing was beautiful. The chairs, the lights, the food. It was all so beautiful. It was like- like a fairytale."

"What about after the date?" She asks raising her eyebrow. "Did...uh...anything happen between you two?" Her smile slowly turns in to a smirk.

"No nothing like that. He's different then the other guys. He sees me and he wants to really build a relationship before we do anything like that, you know?" She nodded her head in response "the other ones always rushed in to everything. He respects me and knows I've been hurt. And then those eyes. I could stare in them all day. They both scare me and tantalize me. Sometimes the can see right through me, like they know exactly what I'm thinking. But sometimes their loving and kind." She just looks at me in awe. "Now enough about me, tell me about you. Didn't you and Killian go out last night?"

Killian was Emma's boyfriend. They've been dating for half a year now. He's a kind man who treats her well. Emma's my best friend so I'm super protective of her. Since Emma is an orphan she doesn't have a protective father so Mary-Margaret and I made sure he wouldn't hurt her. I remember on their first date I had a private conversation with him. I told him that if he ever laid a hand on Emma I would find him and I would ruin him. His reaction to that was pretty funny.

"Ya it was so fun!" It was her turn to prance around now. "We just went and saw a movie. But I always enjoy times with him."

"So do you think he's a keeper? Like can you see yourself spending the rest of your life with him?"

"Oh definitely. He accepts me for who I am. And he's great with Henry. He treats him like he's his own. And Henry loves him."

Henry was Emma's son. Back in college Emma fell in love with a guy Neal. And he was a thief, but less honorable then Robin, and he got in trouble and let Emma take the fall for it. After he found out about Henry he tried to come back in her life but she pushed him away. Then he died in a car accident. Neal was Emma's first and last boyfriend, until Killian of course.

We've both been through so much but yet we've both found love. Killian is a great guy, and Robin is amazing. Both of us are falling madly in love and can't contain it.

A/N: credit for the photo to @/weareonxers on instagram