Meeting the father

I look up a bit embarrassed. He was just smiling staring at us.

"Sorry I hope you don't mind, Roland just wanted to play and- sorry" I'm not sure why I am apologizing but i am.

"No it's no problem at all!" His smile starting to show some teeth. "You must be a mother. "

"Oh no... No children unfortunately" I say my voice a little sad sounding. But I tried to conceal it.

He quickly tried to change the subject. I think he could tell the subject affected me. "You must be Ms. mills"

"Oh Regina's fine. And you must be..."

"Robin...Robin Locksley" and he reaches his hand out

I reach my hand to meet his, so as to shake it but I'm taken back when he brings it to his lips and gives it a soft kiss. He released my hand gently and for a few seconds we just stared at each other. Lost in one another's eyes. His were so blue. Like ice but kinder and more gentle.

I forget about Roland but then I hear him speak. "Daddy, Are we gonna go to the park today like you promised?"

"Of course son. Having honor means being honest and keeping your promises."

Roland then runs up and grabs his fathers hand "up! Up!" He shouts.

Robin then proceeds to lift his child and place him on the side of his hip. He began to walk out but then stopped in his tracks and turned back around.

"Sorry I was late to drop him off and pick him up I assure you it won't happen again. "

"Oh don't worry about it!"

"Well it was nice to meet you Regina" he says emphasizing my name.

"Nice to meet you too Robin!" I wave as they walk out the door. Roland talking a million miles an hour about his day.