My Wedding Book

Robin is now in the room starting to get dressed himself, and I head towards the door. "I'm gonna get Roland!" I holler and I hear a muffled 'okay love be safe!' And I smile before grabbing my purse and heading out the door.

I decide that Emma doesn't live too far and I could use a little exercise, so I decide to walk. I step outside and the cool fall breeze tickles my face. I pull my coat tighter around my body so as to keep my body heat contained. I haven't walked anywhere in a very long time and it feels nice. When your driving your distracted and you don't really notice any of the quaint details in the town. I love how everything has a sort of rustic look. All the signs have bits of paint missing and old golden doorknobs.

Before I know it I arrive at Emma's apartment. I walk up to the white door and hit the buzzer for Emma Swan. "Who is it" a muffled voice says through the speaker.

"Killian it's me, Regina." And I hear the click of the lock on the door. I push it open and walk inside feeling my body numb with the heat emitting from the building. I walk up to the top floor and see the two green doors across from each other. It must be nice to live so close to your friend. I think to myself.

Emma and Mary-Margaret have lived across from each other for as long as I have known them. I hired Emma at Regal Arts and I was still looking for one more employee, so Emma recommended Mary-Margaret to me. Who knew in the end we'd all be such good friends? I turn towards the door on the right and softly knock. The door swings open to a little boy, his mop of curly brown hair flopped messily on his head. He smiles at me two dimples peeking through his cheeks and exclaims "Mommy!" And he runs towards me arms wide. He wraps his arms around my legs and I bend over awkwardly hugging him back. I hear Emma running towards the now open door huffing and puffing.

I look at him sternly, "Roland what did I tell you about answering doors?"

"To wait for an adult." He says like a broken record a hint of self disappointment in his voice. I've engrained this information in his head so many times he should know it by now.

"Gina–" Emma starts still out of breath but I cut her off.

"Regina." I correct her.

"Wait he's aloud to call you Gina and I'm not?" She huffs walking towards the island in the kitchen.

I give her the 'seriously? Your acting like a two year old' look and she continues her original sentence. "Anyways, Regina" she annunciates my name, "I cannot seem to comprehend how you handle twelve of those" she says pointing to Roland, "the have so much god damn energy."

During her sentence I had walked in and closed the door. I smirk at her while taking my jacket off "a magician never reveals her secrets." And she rolls her eyes continuing her task at hand. I hear Henry holler from his bedroom/loft and Roland giddily runs up the stairs, his curls bouncing with every step. I turn back to Emma and watch as she opens the fridge and pulls out a foam carton of eggs.

"Have you eaten yet?" She asks starting to carefully pull eggs out of their safe haven.

"Ya I ate with Robin earlier." I turn my back to her as I hang my coat on the coat rack by the door.

"You know I have so much sympathy for you?" She starts creaking a few eggs in a bowl. "I cannot fathom having twelve Roland's in one room and teaching them how to do watercolor. I just, I just don't understand. I mean, I can barely handle ten twelve year-olds."

I scoff at her comment before smirking and taking off my black leather gloves. She begins pouring the scrambled egg mixture in to the already preheated pan. "So I was wondering..." Emma starts and I immediately think here we go, "have you and Robin talked about any wedding plans? Cause I haven't heard a date and I'm beginning to worry..."