Chapter 3 - Singing And Memories

Hey guys! I hope you guys like this! I already have 11 favorites on Quotev and 12 votes on Wattpad! Thanks so much!

Scott's POV

Mitch bites his lip as I look him over. He's really feminine for a guy. Hey, at least it will be easier to imagine a chick if I have to kiss him.. I shudder a bit at the thought of kissing a guy.

After a moment of silence Mitch says. "C-can you tell me more about you now..?" I was a bit surprised. Why? Well, it's because people never care enough to ask me anything personal besides question like, 'Hey, who is hotter?', or something along those lines.

I nod and say. "Well, I'm Scott Hoying. I'm 17 years old and I'm very popular. All that popularity means that I have a lot of friends. I don't really know why I'm popular.. I'll ask someone sometime. I like to play volleyball and swim a lot, too.."

The short teenager rolls his eyes. "Your popular because your looks and people think your smart-ass remarks are funny." I bite my lip. Ouch.. Ok, maybe I deserved that one for earlier. Now we are tied, but a thought hits me.

Smirking, I say. "My looks, huh? So you think I'm hot, right?" I've never seen anyone's face turn that red that fast. I chuckle, keeping my seductive smirk. "I will take that as a yes.." He blushes and looks away. "W-whatever.." I chuckle. This is really fun.

I say. "Come on, let's do something fun. Anything you want." He looks around. "I-i don't do a whole lot.." I furrow my brows. "What do you do, Mitch?"

He bites his lip. "Um, I read... Draw.. And um.." Mitch starts blushing and I smile. "What?" He looks down. "I.. I sing.." I was pleasantly surprised. I love to sing, but nobody other than my parents know. All of my friends think that it's gay to sing, which makes no sense.. A lot of singers are guys...

Smiling, I say. "You sing? Can you sing something for me?" Mitch looks at me with fear in his eyes, stuttering. "U-um.. I-i don't.. I can't.. A-around you.. I..."

I frown. "Please? I won't say anything mean. I promise." He ponders it for a moment before biting his lip and nodding. "W-what song do you want me to sing?" I wanted to say Beyoncé, but guys like me do NOT listen to Beyoncé.

Mitch says. "I can sing higher stuff better than lower stuff.. Why do I have to sing..? I'm really sucky at it.." I say. "Too bad. Get some confidence." He whimpers slightly and I bite my lip, that small sound made my heart hurt, and I really don't know why.

I sigh. "You pick the song."

Mitch's POV

Scott tells me to pick the song so I think about it for a few seconds and mumble. "Pretty Hurts by Beyoncé.." I see his eyes light up and I think. 'He knows that song..?'

I stand and go over to my keyboard and start playing. He stands and comes to me, watching over my shoulder. I start singing the song and get locked into the lyrics. I really did feel like trying to look good was stupid, but I do try because I want to be noticed so desperately. Sad, I know, but not like anybody cares about my emotions anyways..

As I sing I play the notes perfectly and soon enough finish the song. I remember Scott is there and snap my head towards him, sure enough, a blush spreading across my face. This time, it was his turn to stare at me, instead of the other way around.

I stutter slightly. "Um, S-scott..? Was it ok..?" He snaps out of it. "Ok? That was better than ok, Mitch! That was absolutely amazing..." He says and blush. "Don't lie to me, Scott. I can take the truth."

He frowns. "That is the truth.. That was beautiful, Mitch.." I blush, still not believing it. "Yeah, sure.."

Scott says. "Mitch, if you admit that your amazing singer, then I'll sing you something. I promise." I bite my lip. Scott Hoying singing? This could either be really funny, or really amazing. I say. "I assume you knew my song, right?" He nods. "Of course! Beyoncé is my Queen!" He covers his mouth, looking away at the window. "I mean..