Chapter 16 - Confidence

Hey. I've been so incredibly lonely that the only thing that gives me self worth is writing. I really want to finish story already. Now I have a lot of time, so I'll try to get more of this out to you guys soon. <3

Mitch's POV

Every encounter I've had with Derek has made Scott a bit more aggressive towards him, but he's still being an absolute sweetheart to me. He's kinda scares me sometimes, but I know he wouldn't hurt me. He loves me too much to let that ever happen again.

It's just scary when Derek kind of forces me into hugging him and he lingers for a few seconds longer than Scott would like. We've just resorted to ignoring him at all costs.

Today, Scott and I decide to go on a little date at the park. It's a really nice day, so why not?

We do all of the cute coupley things. We hold hands as we walk around, we make wishes while throwing coins in the fountain, and we even carve our initials into a tree with his pocket knife.

It was probably the most cliché date that we've been on. I loved it though.

After we walk around more, we sit on a bench. "Damn, it's hot out here." I mumble. Scott node on agreement. "Hell yeah, it is. I'm going to go get us some ice cream from that stand over there. I'll be back, babe."

I nod and smile, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek before watching him walk over to the stand.

A few seconds later, I feel someone sit next to me. I turn to see who it is and my eyes widen when I see that it's Derek.

He smiles creepily at me. "Hello, Mitch."

I smile uncomfortably at him. "Hey, Derek. What are you doing here?" I ask nervously as I scoot as close to the edge of the bench as possible.

Scott told me that the entire reason that he talked to me was for a dare. I'll admit it, I was pissed, as well as really sad, but I got over it. We love each other and I don't anything could change that.

All that matters is that that dare was given by Derek. I fucking hate him for that.

"Oh, I just heard that you and Scott were going to be here so I thought that I'd drop by and say hello." He says with a fake smile.

I nod slowly. "Oh, okay... Well, hello. It was nice seeing you." I lie.

He nods a little. "Oh, and one more thing."

Before I can even blink, he leans down and kisses me roughly. His hands move down to mine, pinning them against the hot metal.

I weakly struggle against him for a moment before deciding that I've had enough of people pushing me around.

Since Scott has been empowering me and being so sweet, I've became more confident and it's about time that I show it.

I roughly push him away as I let out a small shout, not even sorry when he falls onto the ground. He quickly sits up, but I don't allow him to get any further before I kick him in the face.

Scott gets back with the ice cream at the same time that some strangers rush to help me.

Scott's POV

"Are you okay, baby?" I ask worriedly, carelessly tossing the ice cream onto the ground to take Mitch into my arms.

He takes a shaky breath as I hold him close. "He didn't hurt you, right..?"

Mitch nods and takes a deep breath. "Yeah, baby I'm fine."

We look back at Derek, who is now being held with his arm twisted behind his back by one of the men who tried to help us. Derek was attempting to fight back, but he was easily half this man's size.

"Thank you." Mitch says to him with a small smile, cuddling into my side.

He nods and smiles. "No problem. My girlfriend called the cops. They'll be here any minute."

I smile as well. "Thank you so much."

At that moment, one of the policemen showed up and got out of his vehicle, taking Derek with him and putting him inside.

A moment later, the officer comes back and questions us a bit, but it was pretty obvious what happened.

Once he leaves, we turn to the guy who grabbed Derek earlier. "Thank you so much for helping us. What was your name?" Mitch asks.

He smiles. "It was really no problem. My name is Austin and this is my girlfriend, Nicole."

The gorgeous woman with he red hair that was standing next to him waves at us with a smile.

My boyfriend nods and smiles. "My name is Mitch and this is my boyfriend, Scott."

We talked for a bit and decided to swap numbers so we could get in touch later on. They aren't that much older than us anyways, being 19 and 20.

After they left, Scott smiled at me. "Now that everything is settled for the moment, let's go get some new ice cream."

We look at the melted ice cream on the sidewalk and laugh.

"Sounds perfect." Mitch answers with a smile.

Thank you so much for reading. I know I barely update and I'm sorry! I love Cheerleader way more than this one, but I think that the cause of that is huge gaps between updates. Some of them are so long that I have to reread my own fucking fanfiction. Sad, I know.

However, it's been just over two weeks since I posted Cheerleader and there's already like 12 chapters! Please check it out if you haven't! I'm surprised by the overwhelming support from all of you guys.

This story has nearly 40K reads and 2.15K votes?! Oh my God! Cheerleader has gotten almost 4K reads and 675 votes in 15 days! You guys are amazing! I love you all. <3