Chapter 8

Quick note before the chapter, if you haven't seen it already, Chapter 7 was somehow uploaded BEFORE the A/N. If you missed it, just go back and read, 'dashi and I will wait :3

~<3~'CAUSE THESE WORDS ARE KNIVES AND OFTEN LEAVE SCARS, THE FEAR OF FALLING APART~<3~

"Thank you so much for dinner, Cass!" You said as you got ready to leave the Hamada residence. It felt weird calling an adult by their first name, but what the hell.

"You're welcome anytime, dear," Cass said, smiling warmly.

"Nice meeting you, (Y/N)," Hiro said, giving you a high-five as you crossed to where he and Tadashi sat on the couch in the living room. After dinner, you guys had moved to the small living room to play competitive rounds of Mario Kart. Hiro won by a long shot on most, and you accused him of hacking more than once. Hey, he didn't deny it!

"Thanks for inviting me, Tadashi," you said. "It really means a lot."

Tadashi looked at you for a moment, then opened his mouth and said, "Hey, let me walk you home. Don't you live nearby?"

You were a little startled by this. "Yeah, but I can walk. Don't wanna trouble you too much." However, it would be nice...San Fransokyo was a different town at night. Honestly, you didn't really want to go out there alone.

"No, let's just go. I don't mind," Tadashi said, smiling softly at you. You nodded 'okay', and set out.

You lived about three blocks away, which wasn't really that far. As you walked beside Tadashi, you talked to each other. Like...friends. Were you friends? Maybe you were. You think you liked that. Maybe you had been too quick to judge him, just for getting in the way of your project.

Right. The project. Were you ever going to tell him about the project?

"(Y/N)?"

Tadashi's voice startled you out of your train of thought. He was looking at you worriedly. "You okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Twinkle Toes," you grinned. Tadashi looked at you, mock-offended, making you burst out laughing. By this time, you had made it to your house.

"Thanks again for walking me, Tadashi," you said, taking a step up the steps to your door. "And thanks for coming to get me this morning. And-"

"Hey, you don't need to thank me," Tadashi said. "That's what friends do, right?"

Friends.

"So, we're friends now?" You asked, a little sheepishly. Tadashi chuckled, a deep, sweet voice from way down in his chest. It was cute.

"I daresay we are, Madame," he said dramatically, bowing deeply. You both laughed.

"Well, I guess t-this is...goodnight?" You stumbled over your words a bit. Why was there this weird feeling in your stomach? Cass' wings were hot, but that didn't usually happen.

When Tadashi took a step toward you, your hands started shaking lightly. There were only a few inches between you...

"I guess so," Tadashi mumbled, eyes trained on your lips. Then, before you could think, you felt the softness of his lips on yours.

Your eyes fluttered closed. His lips tasted sweet--like the cherry Chapstick you'd let him borrow. You liked it. Your arms instinctively placed themselves gently on his broad shoulders, and you could feel fire in your veins.

Needless to say, it was awesome.

When Tadashi broke away from you, your eyes reluctantly opened back up. Tadashi grinned at your flushed face.

"Goodnight, (Y/N)."

"Goodnight, Tadashi," you said, still breathless. You watched him jog around the corner, grinning to himself. You quietly opened the door, stepped inside, and shut it. Your back to the door, you slid down to the floor.

That cheeky bastard.

~( •-• )~

Bonus:

When Tadashi got back to the café, Hiro was leaning against their shared bedroom door.

"I knew it!" Hiro yelled triumphantly at Tadashi's wide grin and red face. That grin quickly disappeared as Tadashi grabbed him and started giving him a noogie.

"Hey! C'mon 'dashi, cut it out!"

I can't believe I wrote that in one period. I didn't listen to a single thing Ms. Brown said in Integrated Science lol.

Alright, well, Dashi and Reader-chan are finally taking a step forward in their relationship! I've got BIG plans...

Hope you guys liked the chapter!

~Author-chan