Chapter 3

~~~From pieces of broken memories~~~

As Honey Lemon pulled you along the corridors of SFIT, you caught only glimpses of classrooms

"C'mon, (Y/N)! We've gotta get to the lab!" she exclaimed, keeping up with her fast pace.

"I thought--" huff "we were going--" huff "to class?" You breathed out, trying to keep up. Hey, it wasn't your fault she had such long legs!

"Well, yeah. At SFIT, students allowed in with the Scientific Proficiency Program work in their labs 24/7," Honey Lemon explained. "Or, at least, whenever you're here."

"So I get I work on my science nonstop? Sweet!" You exclaimed, instantly getting excited. The faster you got done with this Hamada guy's project, the faster you could get on with your own.

"This is the lab space," Honey Lemon said, entry pushing open a door. You walked timidly inside just to almost be toppled over by a black, fast-moving blur.

"Watch out!" The blur called, zipping around the semi-crowded room. It came skidding to a stop near you, and you saw that it was just a girl in a helmet.

"'Sup? The name's Gogo," she said, pulling off her helmet to reveal short, choppy black hair with a few purple streaks and a bright pink bubblegum bubble.

"Hi, I'm (Y/N)," you said shaking her hand. "What're you working on?"

"Maglev suspension," she said, tossing a yellow disk into a can filled with similar ones. "Less resistance, faster bike. Haven't found the right prototype yet, though," she said, getting back to work and calculating what you presumed was the details of her next wheel.

"She's a bit of an adrenaline junkie," Honey said, smiling apologetically.

"Ya think?" You said sarcastically. However,you actually thought that she was pretty cool. Next, you saw a heavy-built, dark-skinned man working at what seemed to be an OCD paradise. Literally everything was inside of a small white outline.

Therefore, you weren't really surprised when he ran over to you and said, "Whoah whoah whoah, BEHIND the line, please!" You looked down to see a black-and-yellow line, and quickly stepped behind it.

"Wasabi, this is (Y/N)," Honey Lemon explained. He smiled warmly.

"Hello, (Y/N) want to see something amazing?" he asked. You nodded, and he tossed an apple through two twin posts that looked like football posts. Instantly, the apple was cut into thirds.

"Whoah, plasma-induced lasers?" You asked, astounded. You'd only read about those in magazine articles.

"Yep. Evetually, they'll be able to cut those apples thinner than paper," he remarked proudly.

"Well, I wish you luck," you said, waving as Honey Lemon gently led you towards a private office.

"Fred's not here right now, so let's see if we can find Tadashi," she said, opening the door before you could protest.

The first thing you noticed was a man about your age--maybe older--with broad shoulders and a baseball cap fixing what looked to be a giant marshmallow with eyes.

The second thing you noticed was the fact that he was really, really attractive.

"Tadashi, we found the new girl!" Honey Lemon announces, waving her arms a little. Tadashi spun around to face the two of you. Instantly, his face cracked into a smile.

"Hey! You must be (Y/N). I'm Tadashi Hamada," he said, holding out his hand for you to shake.

But you didn't even notice his hand move; nope, you were just staring off into space in the general direction of his face, mouth slightly agape.

This was the guy keeping you from getting your leg back? This guy, the one that you were supposed to help out for your entire first year, for god knows why?

Okay. Fine. You could deal with this. You survived a freaking explosion; you could survive this.

Caw caw motherfuckers.

( •-• )( •-•)

Bonus:

"Uh, (Y/N), you okay?" Tadashi asked, getting a little concerned. "Hey, I don't want my partner passing out on me or anything. Are you alright?"

You shut your mouth and your face darkened.

"I'm not doing this shit. Nope! Nuh-uh! This is not a shojo here, people!" You announced, walking out dramatically.

Yeah I'm sorry if this sucks at the moment, but this is one of those stories where you need like three chapters of action less exposition to get the story going. Sorry .-.

However, I hope that you enjoyed the chapter, albeit a bit boring. Until next time, Reader-chan!