Chapter 15

~~~Don't try to sleep through the end of the world, and bury me alive~~~

You bounded up the stairs of the Lucky Cat Café the next morning, feeling a strange giddiness surge through your veins as you flung open the boys' door.

Hiro snored soundly in his bed as you crept around it to Tadashi's side of the room. You had to be careful to avoid the bookshelves of textbooks and hopped over Baymax's storage crate.

You looked at Tadashi's peaceful face, breathing gently as he slept. You carefully crawled on top of the bed next to him, snuggling up to his side.

Tadashi didn't jerk up as you expected him to when you brushed against him. He rolled over a bit and groaned, stretching his limbs out before opening his eyes and blinking at you sleepily. "'Mornin, (Y/N)," Tadashi yawned cutely. "Funny, I don't remember taking you to be with me last night."

You giggled. "Well I'm here now," you said, smiling softly as he wrapped his arm around your waist and pulled you closer.

"And I quite like the feeling of waking up next to you," Tadashi murmured in your ear, making your face flush red.

"Ahem," you heard Hiro clear his throat behind you. You shot up instantly.

"Hey, do you mind, ya little pervert?!" You objected, annoyed.

"If we don't get a move on, we'll be late!" Hiro reasoned. You rolled your eyes and jumped off of Tadashi's bed, walking out of the room--but not before Tadashi pulled you back down for a kiss.

You waited for the boys down in the café, making small talk with Cass. You both smiled as the boys came bounding down the stairs. "Big day, huh shortstack?" You teased, ruffling Hiro's hair. He groaned, making you and Tadashi laugh. The three of you bid adieu to Cass as you set out to transport Hiro's project to the convention hall.

After some hijinks that took place on the way to the convention hall--including subways, high-speed skateboard racing, and a runaway cat somehow ending up the the trash cans the microbots were being transported in--you finally arrived just before Hiro was to present.

As your group pushed the cans along, you listened to their banter. Unfortunately, you weren't paying much where you were going, thinking back to the events of the morning, and ran smack into a guy holding a stack of papers.

"Hey, watch it!" The guy grunted. Thankfully none of his papers had been disturbed, but you noticed the little paper cut on your pinkie finger as you neared backstage. A drop of blood oozed out, and you stuck it in your mouth to try and stop the bleeding. Somehow.

You tuned back into the conversation to hear Fred say something absolutely disgusting about wearing his underwear five times in a row.

"That's gross. And impressive," Tadashi remarked, setting down his brother's project.

"Guys! Get in the picture and say 'Hiro'!" Honey Lemon squealed. You rushed to be in the selfie, feeling Tadashi's arm wrap comfortingly around your waist.

Afterwards, you watched everyone wish Hiro good luck. When they were done, you walked over to him. Hiro held his hand up for a high five, but instead your pulled him in close to you, holding him tight and resting your chin on the top of his head.

"I'm so proud of you, short stuff," you whispered, kissing his forehead and ruffling his hair. In a way, it felt like you were his mom. Hiro blushed a little, then turned away from you to try to calm his nerves. You smiled softly at Tadashi and told him you'd meet him out front.

You ran to join your friends in front of the stage. As soon as Tadashi came back, the man in charge of judging called out, "Hiro Hamada?" And Hiro walked out onstage with a microphone, looking about as nervous as a man about to jump off a cliff.