Chapter 12

~~~Confessing their apostasies~~~

Four Months Later...

You yawned loudly, stretching back in your desk chair and popping your knuckles. You heard a chuckle from the other side of the lab.

"Don't overexert yourself now, (Y/N)," Tadashi teased. You rolled your eyes, a smile playing at the corner of your lips.

"Wouldn't dream of it, Twinkle Toes," you shot back, sitting up again to resume your coding. Things were practically perfect in your life right now: you didn't have to worry about hiding your prosthetic anymore (you told the rest of the gang weeks ago; Honey Lemon was the most offended, and start apologizing for literally dragging you everywhere), you had a boyfriend (!!!), the Hamadas practically welcomed you as one of their own, and your secret project was nearing completion.

Yeah, you still haven't told anyone about that...

A few minutes passed in silence until you noticed something. Something...important. "Tadashi," you called, not looking away from the screen. Hearing the strange tone of your voice, Tadashi immediately rushed over to you.

"What's wrong?" Tadashi asked worriedly. You pointed at the bottom of the screen, where the small number 999,999 sat beside a full line of code. You pressed enter and typed in the last line of code for Baymax--exactly one million lines of code. Tadashi broke out into one of his blinding smiles as you burned the whole thing into a little green chip. He whooped and hollered as you grabbed a marker and some masking tape, drawing a little doctor smiley face on one side and writing Tadashi Hamada & (Y/N) (L/N) on the other.

"C'mon, let's go meet our mind child," you giggled. Tadashi powered up Baymax, resulting in the cute, inflatable machine staring at you blankly. You took Tadashi's hand gently in yours, surprising him. His dark eyes looked over your profile as you remained staring at your creation.

"Just three semesters ago," you choked out,"I never thought any of this was possible. I didn't think I could write a million lines of code, or build a robot, or even learn to put up with you." You turned to face Tadashi, feeling hot tears of joy welling up in your eyes. "But I'm so glad my fate became so intertwined with yours." Tadashi wrapped his arms around you, pulling you into his warm chest. You stayed there for a moment, before he looked down at your face.

"Together?" he asked. You nodded, and he pushed the little heart-shaped container with slots for three microchips. Together, you slid the green microchip into Baymax. You heard the whirring of Baymax's internal processor, then he opened his eyes.

"Hello," he spoke with a robotic but still comforting voice,"I am Baymax, your personal healthcare companion."

That was all it took for you both to explode into cries of joy, jumping around and smiling so much you felt that your face would burst. You grabbed Tadashi's face and kissed him passionately, the same way he had you so many months ago.

In that moment, everything was perfect.

Then, of course, something had to come ruin it. There was a loud beeping sound coming from Tadashi's computer, and it startled you so much you broke away from him, immediately missing the feeling of his warm, soft lips on yours. Tadashi's face fell from one of joy to panic, dashing to his computer and pulling up a map of San Fransokyo. You looked worriedly over his shoulder as a red dot beeped onscreen.

"Tadashi, what's happening?" you asked, trying your best to keep up with him as he grabbed the keys to his motorbike and ran to the elevator.

"Hiro's in trouble," Tadashi said, keeping the determined look on his face. You were shocked.