Chapter Eight

"Well it all started when my parents told me what I was." She started.

"What do you mean?" I ask curiously.

"Well like I told you, my mom was a fairy and my dad was a tiger shifter."

"Yeah so?" I said a little confused.

"That doesn't bother you?" She asked surprised.

I raised my eyebrow at her and said "no, should it?"

"Well I just thought....." she started but I cut her off.

"You are who you are and there is nothing wrong with being different." I said getting angry. I took a deep breath and said "please continue."

She nodded her head then said "Well anyway like I was saying,
when I was little my parents would tell me all the time about how I was special. And that I should cherish the life I have. But I didnt understand at that time."

I nod and she continues "well when I turned five my dad started to train me to fight. He said I would need to know how to use it one day to protect someone special. I thought he ment my mate but little did I know that was never going to come true. But thats jumping ahead of my self. Anyway as the years went by and I got older, my parents told me to never tell anyone that I was a hybrid."

"Why is that?"

"Well, they said I would be killed because of being what I was. I was not supposed to happen, I guess you could say I was a happy mistake."

"Oh, so thats why you thought it bothered me because you are a hybrid."

"Yeah. Anyway so my dad kept training me everyday and would push me harder and harder. when I was as good as him, my mom and him sat me down." She said then took a deep breath.

"You dont have to tell me if it is to hard to talk about." I tell her.

"No its ok, I think I can trust you since you protected me from them and didnt tell them what I was. Anyway it was about a week before my birthday, and thats when they told me." She took another deep breath and said "They said that I wouldn't have a mate because of what I was. I was so mad I just left the house before they could finish. I couldn't believe it, how could they say I didnt have a mate! I mean everyone has a mate!" She said getting upset and a tear slipped from her left eye.

"What happened next?" I asked, it felt as if I was reliving it with her, I could feel all her emotions to a small point.

"After I cooled off I went back to the house.... but something wasnt right when I got back. The house looked as if it was broken into, when I went inside thats when I saw them. They......they were murdered. But that wasnt the worse part, on the wall in front of there bodys, with there blood none the less." She said wiping away her tears.

"What did it say?" I ask softly.

"It said 'your next' after I read this I froze. I wanted to mourn my parents death but I couldnt, I couldn't even burry them!" She said raising her voice and crying a little harder. So I wrapped my arms around her to give her comfort. Then she continued.

"So I ran to there room where we kept a bag with everything that we would need in it. They kept telling me something like this might happened and I would need to be prepared but I didnt want to believe them." She took a few deep calming breaths. "I grabbed it and ran not looking back. A week later I turned eighteen and shifted for the first time. Thats when I saw I was a black and white tiger with fairy wings."

"Wow, I bet you look awesome." was all I could say.

"Yeah, but thats not the weird thing. My parents visited me in my dream that night." She says but stopped.