Chapter Nineteen

You know that feeling you have when everything just stops moving and there is no sound? Where you want to scream and disappear all at the same time? Well thats whats happening right now, and I was frozen on the bed in fear and couldn't breath.

"They have crossed the boarders and there almost here!" Mark yelled from the doorway.

Luke growled loudly in anger, and I didnt flinch. I couldn't move, I couldn't breath, and I couldn't think straight. "Get the women and children to saftey and tell the warriors to prepare for war!" Luke yelled.

"Yes alpha!" Mark said the left the room.

As soon as the door shut Luke turned around quickly to face me and put my face his hands and said "my love you need to go with the other women and children to safty."

And that my friends was what snapped me out of my shock, my fear, and drew in a deep breath that my lungs where burning for. I growled loudly at him and pushed him away from me. I stood up, my anger was growing deep within me, I looked at him saying "I will not hide!" And I ment every word, I was tired of running.

I started to walk over to my closet to grab another bra and shirt when he stopped me by grabbing my arm. He turned me back to him "you will go and thats the end of this discussion!" He yelled using his alpha voice on me.

I looked at his hold on my arm "You want me to hide?" I started in a low voice. "Knowing full well im in heat. That if I go to where the women and children are that that will lead all of them there and possibly kill every single one of them." I shook my head no, "I will not endanger them like that, and I cant believe you would even suggest it." I chuckled darkly at him, then yanked my arm out of his hand with ease and I looked him dead in the eyes and said "I am going to fight wether you like it or not. You may be my mate, but you are not my alpha." Then turned around and walked back over to my closet and grabbed my shirt and bra.

He stood there shocked for only a second before he said "no" it was almost a whisper, when he said it. I almost didnt hear him. But what surprised me next was he stormed out of the room locking the door behind him.

I ran over to it and banged on it yelling "let me out of here now!"

"I will when all this is over, I have to know you are safe." He said behind the door.

I stepped away from the door, put on my shirt and bra and said "fine." I walked over to the balcony and opened the doors, I could feel the wind hitting my skin and my wings ached to be let out. I dont want anyone else killed because of me. I took a deep breath and said "ill lead them away from here, away from YOUR pack. They only want me, but just remember when all of this is over." I took a another breath letting my wings out, it felt so good, then I hurd the door unlock quickly. I didnt turn around because I knew if I did I wouldn't beable to leave. My wolf whined in my head begging me not to do this to him, but in the end she knew I was right. I took off before he could catch me, and stayed just out of his reach. "No, come back here!" He yelled almost broken and scared.

I turned around and bearly looked at him. With sadness in my voice I said "protect your pack, they need you now. I probably wont be coming back, you tried to lock me up just like everyone else. So you are no different. I will save your pack by leading them away from here."

"Please Nicole, dont do this! I was only trying to protect you!" He yelled.

"Yes by saying I wasnt strong enough to protect myself, or this pack, or to fight along side you. You dont seem to understand that im your equal, or your mate. You dont even understand how much stronger I am then you." I took a deep breath, then looked away and said "Luke, I love you. You are my mate. The other half of my soul. I will not mate with another because I have chosen you. I will not love another, because I will only love you. But I will not be treated like I am a prisoner or that im lower than you."