Chapter Nine

I sat there in silence, my tears had finally stopped and I was still wondering if it was going to get any easier. But I already knew the answer to that question didnt I.

I took a deep breath and sighed loudly. "You know sighing like that tells me something is wrong." I didnt have to look up to know who it was. It was Jack, the beta.

"What do you want Jack?" I asked a little defeated without lifting my head.

He stayed quiet for a moment, then said "I wanted to tell you thank you for saving our alpha. I know you didnt have too and I thank you for it."

I looked up at him and he had his head bowed. "Jack," I said getting his attention. When he looked up I continued "if I can save someone, I will. I do not like death and neither does my wolf. Your alpha tried to protect me when he didnt have too. So not only was I in his debt, he is a good person and alpha to this pack. He did not deserve to die in that way."

He nods his head, but before he could say anything I said "I will stay and help protect your pack till your alpha is back on his feet. Which should be soon hopefully."

"Yes alpha" Jack said.

"But since I know nothing of how you run patrols and protect your pack. I want you to stand in for your alpha for those matters, can you do that?" I ask.

"Yes alpha"

"Ok, get to it then." I said then dismissed him. I watched him leave the office and start yelling out orders as he was. Then I put my head back down again.

Not long after he left the room was there another knock on the door. I guess I dont get time to myself. "Alpha" this time it was John.

"Yes?" I said without lifting my head.

"We are all here including the doctor and equipment you asked for." He said.

"Ugh, ok." I said sitting up. "Sprinkles, did they find that damn chip in side you yet?"

"Yeah, but theres more to it." She said.

I watched all four of them come in and sit down and Maire walk over to me. Then watched the doctor come in after them with a portable ultrasound machine and a bag of equipment. I asked "what do you mean there is more too it?"

She set down a small dish with three chips in it saying, "they found three of these in me."

"WHAT!? You have got to be kidding me!" I said getting upset.

"Nope, but I did make them double check my entire body to make sure." She said.

"Shit," I said rubbing my face in frustration. I looked at the doctor and said "thank you for coming."

"Not a problem, im ready to start when you are." She said with a warm smile on her face.

"The sooner you start the quicker its over." I say to her, then she makes her way over to me. As she was about to touch me Maire stops her.

"STOP!" Maire yells. "Dont touch her yet." Everyone gives her a look as if asking 'why?'

She rolls her eyes and say "Nicole you need to get your emotions under control first. Your too cold right now."

"What are you going on about?" Josh says standing up.

"You haven't told them yet have you?" She asked me softly.

"I haven't had a chance." I tell her.

"Hello! What the hell have you not told us?" John said getting angry standing up next to his brother.