Chapter Seventeen

I looked at him and his eyes softened. "His name is Drake, and he is the vampire king." When I told him this everyone gasped in shock, but the twins growled and wrapped there arms protectively around me.

They all gave us a look of confusion when they whispered "he will never get to you again." And that was the last straw, my tears came rolling down my face one after another. As the memory of what happened that night came flooding back quickly.

Again I asked myself 'why me?' And again I knew the answer. I was the winged wolf and I held the power other creatures wanted. They held me tighter till they herd a possessive growl come from Luke and him yell "mine!"

"Back off!" Josh yelled.

"Shes mine!" Luke yelled back at him.

"I dont give a fuck if she is yours! We will protect her and comfort her right now not you!" John yelled.

"You know nothing about what happened!" Josh yelled next.

"You dont even know how close he was to taking her away from us that night." John whispered ashamed.

"Stop" I whispered trying to hold back a sob, with tears in my eyes. They looked back down to me and I said as quietly as I could "you promised me, that we would never speak of what happened that night."

'Nicole, we need to tell them.' Red whispered in my head.

'No! He will hate us! Everyone will! All because I was too weak!' I yelled back with my voice slowly breaking.

'You didnt know, and I wasn't there yet to help protect you' she said softly.

'But Red,' I started but she cut me off saying 'listen, you dont have to tell them right now. But you need to tell them soon, they need to know what happened that night.'

Then I felt her curl up in my head and cut the link. The boys were looking at me knowing that I was talking to my wolf. I smiled a little at them and there grip got tighter. "What the hell is going on!?" Luke yelled making me jump, which caused the twins to growl at him.

"Stop, please." I whispered again, and they did. I turned my head and watched as Maire picked up my phone from the floor. I held my hand out for it not saying anything, but the look on her face said 'I want to know.' I gave her a small smile and said "ill tell you soon I promise." She nodded her head then handed me my phone.

"I want to be alone right now," all of them growled lowly in protest. "Fine, Loki, John, Josh, and Maire will stay with me. I just need to think, so please know that in time I will tell you all what happened. But I cant, not yet."

They all bowed there head and left slowly except for Luke.  "Leave" I said softly to him.

"Im not leaving," he said with finality in his voice.

I touched Josh and John on there arms to let me go. I walked over to Luke and wrapped my arms around his waist. When he wrapped his around me I said "Luke, please, I need to talk to them alone."

He pulled back looking at me saying "I cant lose you again..."

"You wont, you are my one and only mate. So believe in me a little." I whispered back.

Before I could move out of his grasp he crashed his lips down on to mine. It was full of worry, love, passion and I could feel the sparks fly everywhere. He rested his head on mine when he pulled back to breath and whispered "as you are mine." Then kissed me on the top of the head and let me go reluctantly. I watched him slowly walking out of the room, I knew he was fighting his wolf the entire time.