Chapter Ten

"You really are the winged wolf" he said in amazement.

"Yes I am, and so you know the mark can only be seen by alphas and betas. And well of course my guardians and companion. No one knows what it looks like, so they cant have it tattooed. " I tell him.

"Thank you," he said looking down.

I knew what he ment when I looked at him then at his father, I smiled and said "your father is a good man, and he was good to me. There is no need to thank me. I was only doing what he did for me."

He nods and everyone was still standing around so I said "well it has been a long day and im tired, so why dont we all go to bed, get some sleep and talk more in the morning?"

"Sounds like a good plan" alpha Greg says patting his son on his sholder.

I watched them all leave except for John, Josh, Sam, Alice, and Maire. They stood there knowing something else was wrong. "You five can go, I know you are tired." I say softy but I knew it wasnt going to be that easy.

"We would but, you still need to explain who she is, I mean yes she is your companion, but can you explain better?" Alice says pointing at Maire.

"And, not till you tell us what else is wrong" Josh said. I looked at him again, smiled softly because I knew I had been busted. I hated that about Josh, he could always tell something was wrong. No matter how good I tried to hide it, he knew when something was eating at me.

"Fine," I say softly going to pick up the book off the floor. After I picked it up I sat down on the couch and they followed.

"She is my companion like I told you before, she can calm me down, and touch me when my moods get out of control. She will be anything I need her to be, well except for being my mate of course. But she will put my safety first since she doesn't have a mate, even if it means she gets hurt in the process. That is why I marked her and she marked me on our left sholders not the right." I take a breath then continue "she is also a hybrid as you know, but it is up to her to tell you what she is. Not me. That is also why the moon goddess said I had to mark her, so she wouldnt go crazy like alpha Tom said she would." They all nod and I knew what was coming next, "so what are you?" John and Josh said at the same time.

I laughed alittle as did everyone else, she looked at all of them and said "well," she started then took a breath then said "my father was a tiger shifter and my mother was a fairy." Then she looked down at her hands waiting for them to judge her.

"That is so cool!" Sam yelled and she popped her head up looking at them in surprise, and letting out the breath I knew she was holding.

"You mean you have fairy wings? And you can fly?" Alice asked.

"And you can shift into a tiger? Tiger shifters are so rare now a days." Josh asked next.

"What color is your tiger?" John asked next.

"Calm down you four, take it easy and breath. She is not going anywhere so relax with all the questions." I say holding up my hands.

"So it doesn't bother you that im a hybrid?" She asked confused.

"Why should it?" Josh asked.

"Exactly, you are who you are and there is no one who can change you from what you are." John said.

"Take it from us" Sam said pointing to all four of them, then said "we are solid white wolves, we couldn't even show our wolves to anyone until Nicole came along."

"Yeah, he has a point. Sam and I were beaten because of it. We were also called weak, and so many other things." Alice said sadly looking at Maire.