Clumsy customers Comebacks and Confusion

"Oh sorry, can I help you?" I muttered as my body collided with that of a customer.

Just as I was beginning to get over him, that perfect face invaded my life again.

"Uh yeah, I was looking for the most gorgeous girl in here to tell her how much I love her?" He smiled, the smile that could make me melt. I knew that if I saw Calum, he would garb my heart and make it his all over again without saying anything at all. And I was right.

"I'm sorry, you must have the wrong person." I sighed as I began to walk away, but he placed his hand forcefully on my shoulder.

"Riley, wait, hear me out." He groaned as he struggled to hold himself up.

"Calum, just please, just go."

"Riley, I love you. Look, I am head over heels in love with you. And, Riley, I know you love me too. Jeez, it's only been a couple of days, but I miss you like mad. Please Riley, if it feels right, why don't we just do it? Be mine again? Please, Riley, use your heart and not your head."

He was right, it had only been a few days since we last saw eachother, but every day didn't get better, it got worse and worse. Every song on the radio reminded me of us, every melody working in perfect time with my heartbeat.

Calum hadn't only moved in next door, he had shook my life up like a snow globe. I had lost all sense of reason, he threw me from my comfort zone, and made me do nothing that I would ever have thought of before. Any other time, I would have walked away right then and there, but something about Calum made me stay.

"But Calum," my head began to protest but my heart took over as Calum pressed his lips onto mine, making fireworks exploding through my body. Not wanting to stop, I pressed mine onto his just as forcefully and slipped my hands through his soft dark hair, his touch sending shivers through my veins.

As we pulled away, I was faced with Michael, Ashton and Tori, all mouths agape, and Ashton's face was home to a smug grin.

"I guess you're not my dirty little secret anymore!" I laughed, placing my hand on Calum's chest as he rested himself on his crutches which I had completely forgotten about.

"I guess not," he sighed, running his fingers through my hair and tucking it behind my ear. "Hey, your heart is always right; I didn't choose you, my heart did."

"Well apparently mine did too." I replied, curling my body into his, not caring that now the whole shop had stopped to look at us. We were in the middle of a sports shop, so almost everybody knew who Calum was, he was like the town celebrity.

My body didn't know what to do when I was around Calum, no matter where we were he always had the ability to make me feel like I was the only girl there, like I was the only person in his world, and he was the only one in mine.

"Oi, Hood!" Ashton yelled, snapping us both from our trances, little did we both know that we were just staring into each other's eyes.

"What?" Calum yelled back, turning and facing the curly haired bot who was leant up against the mirror. "We were having a moment!"

"It looks like you can be having plenty of those Cal!" He laughed, "do we have our number one back?"

Calum's eyes flitted to me as I looked at him in confusion. What does he mean 'back'?

"He never left" he grinned, his hand made it's way down to my cheek and ran across the bottom of my chin. "When can you escape this place and come give me proper snuggles?" He whined, his breath making the hairs on my neck stand straight.

"Right about..." I groaned as my boss walked up towards me, her hands on her hips as she glared at me.

"Miss Hemmings, I thought I payed you to work, not to make out with your boyfriend, I assume." She eyed Calum up and down then averted her gaze to me once more. "We have spoken about this before, and I have given you too many formal warnings now Riley. I'm sorry to say this, but I am going to have to fire you. It's a shame, it really is."

She spun on her heels and I didn't even try to stop her. Finally, my life was looking up and there was no way I was going to compromise what I've always dreamed of for a job that I didn't even enjoy. No, I'd rather spend my time with people who actually mean something to me. My brother, my dad, my cousin, my friends and my boyfriend. All of these new people had suddenly appeared in my life and I wasn't willing to risk that.

"Now." I giggled, shrugging as I helped Calum leave the shop, Michael, Ash and Tori following behind.

Conversation in the car was non-stop. Suddenly a cloud had lifted from above me and I felt finally at home, as if I was finally with people who made me belong. Tori and I bonded by bullying Michael, and ash and Michael bonded over their shared love of music, joined in weirdly by Calum. I didn't expect that.

We all agreed to go back to Calum's, but when we pulled up, my heart ached.

Parked on our driveway was a large moving van, with numerous men lugging things indoors. My dad stood in the doorway watching it all unfold and Luke sat, hunched in front of the garage door, his earphones in and he was oblivious to the world.

"Riley, what the?" Michael stammered from next to me as he leant across me to look at the blonde boy who he saw leaving my house only the other day. He hadn't asked the question then, and it was only a matter of time.

"Who's that?" Ashton asked, equally as inquisitive. Wow, explanation time.

The blonde had noticed us looking at him and he raised his hand at me before looking back intently at his phone.

"He looks about our age, hey, we should invite him round, hey Cal?"

"No." Calum snapped, making me spin my head towards him instantly. "We don't know him, he could be a complete weirdo."

I glared at Calum who hadn't moved his gaze from his front door.

"Of course we do Calum, well Riley does, he was round here the other day. Who is he riles?" Michael questioned, his eyes still transfixed on Luke.

"He's hot, whoever he is," Tori mumbled, earning a grumpy tap from Michael beside her. "Hey, I'm allowed to look!" She laughed at the boy who was pouting next to her. "You'll always be my number one man Mikey!"

He pecked her lips playfully and looked at me once more.

"Who is he Riley?"

"Does it really matter who the fuck he is? He just looks like a douche why would you want to even think of inviting him over?" Calum snapped again, making me snap back.

"Oh I don't know Calum, maybe because he's my little brother? My little brother who knows nobody around here so could probably do with my help whilst he settles in. What is it about him that you detest so much?" I yelled, taking everybody by surprise.

"Shit," Ashton mumbled, "Calum, that's...?"

Calum nodded and looked at me with sorry eyes.

"That's who? Why won't anybody tell me why you two are so weird about eachother?" I spoke more calmly now, but Calum knew not to mess me about.

"I'm not being weird, I just don't know him, so I'm not inviting him over. That's that, enough said." Calum spoke through gritted teeth before opening his door and scrambling out of Ashton's car. I followed, and walked over to my brother and sat down next to him.

"Hey," I smiled. "You ok?"

He pulled out an earphone and looked at me, his eyes home to red circles and his smile weak and sorry.

"No, not really." He mumbled, playing with the ring on his finger. "It just feels weird that's all. It's like I'm starting again, new house, new friends, new everything."
I rubbed his leg with my hand before standing up again.

"Hey, maybe change is good?" I whispered, walking back over to the open front door to the house next door. I weakly smiled as he looked back at me before shutting the door behind me.

-A/N-
ITS BEEN SO LONG SINCE I WROTE THIS CHAPTER! To celebrate the release of SGFG (which is absolutely amazing!) I am updating all three of my 5sos fanfics today because whyever not, so I think you should go check them out 😉👾