No. 6

I noticed Johnny acting weird after we left the gas station. It bothered me and I wanted to ask him what was up, but, he was in a peaceful mood and I didn't want to ruin that.

"Hey Dal, can you put the radio on?" Johnny asked and tapped his shoulder.

"Sure, Johnnycake." He hit a button and turned the volume dial.

"Ponyboy." He whispered, making sure he wasn't heard by Cherry or Dally. I moved my head to meet his eyes, he was closer to me than before.

"Can we talk? I mean, when we get back, and like privately?"

"Yeah, no problem." I whispered back, wondering why he was being so secretive and quieter than usual. Especially, I was wondering why he was so close.

"Wait, what are we gonna talk about?"

"Some stuff like-"

"Boys, we are about a half an hour away from Darrell's house. Johnny don't forget your jacket." He only nodded.

Soon, and all too soon, we saw a blue mustang driving past us, then it turned around, and slammed into the back of the car. They had hit us so hard, we flipped one time and landed back on all four wheels luckily. Johnny was letting out a few tears, and he had landed on my lap, and was clinging onto my waist. Bob may be dead, but his 'friends' started coming after us.

"Pony, if we die here," He hiccuped, then stared straight into my eyes, "I want you and Dally to know that-"

"Hey white trash, get out of the car would you?" One soc screamed at us. Dally jumped out of the car, slammed his fist in the socs' gut, and yelled back,

"Mess with my gang, and redhead, and you will be sorry!"