No. 7

"Johnny, say what you were going to say! Quick!" I whisper shouted.

"Not without Dal!" He looked desparate, his eyes still watery, and was still holding onto me.

"Randy! What have I told you about following me around, creep!" Cherry got out of the T-Bird, and shut the door loudly. The socs gathered around the car, closing in on Johnny and I.

"Ha! They're gay too!" One guy said.

(I have nothing against homosexuals, its just fitting in with the story and era of time. And if you're one of my school best friends *cough cough* OutsidersWriter *cough cough* You'd understand. -Alfred)

"More reasons to jump them." Another soc cackled. They all burst into a sick laughter, dropping their switchblades, and falling to the ground. Dally made a hand signal, telling us to separate. As Johnny got off my lap, he bit his lip, looking worried.

"Go!" Cherry yelled, she and Dally scurried into the car, not bothering to buckle up, and Cherry sped off, going 85 miles per hour. Dally sighed and leaned against Cherry's shoulder.

"We forgot my book in the church! Turn back please Cherry, please?"

"Pony, I'm sorry, but the news said the whole church burned down, remember?" She sounded sincere, but I didn't want to hear any of her excuses anymore. I just wanted some sleep. It was probably 12:00A.M., so, I whispered to Johnny.

"Hey, Johnny, can I sleep on you? I'm really tired, and I bet you are too."

"Yeah, go ahead Pony." Johnny had a soft pink on his cheeks. I hugged him, and leaned against his body, using him as a pillow.

"Thanks, Johnnycake. You're the best, you know?"