No. 9

"What do you mean?" He was confusing me so much, I couldn't connect the dots.

"I mean that, I have stronger feelings. I don't know what it is, but I feel different around you than when I'm with Dally."

"Oh, what do the feelings feel like?"

"They make me feel uneasy." He shifted his gaze down to where his hands where, around my thin torso, but it felt natural that way. I never minded that he liked to be close, or that he never fully shared everything with me, but, I liked when he was open about this.

"Like does your heart beat faster, and do you feel your face get warm, and does your stomach get queasy?"

"Yeah, yeah it does!" He seemed happy to find that I understood his symptoms, but I didn't expect him to like me back.

"Cool! I think I know what it is."

"Well, what is it?"

"Do you," I gulped, "like me?"

He pondered, hesitating before answering.

"Yeah." Johnny wouldn't look me in the eyes, I wonder if he was scared. I patted Johnny's head, feeling his soft hair, smiling a little.

"I do too, Johnnycake." He hid his face in my side and stayed there, even though I protested against that.

"Want to get breakfast?" He barely was audible, talking into my shirt. I nodded and swivled to the side, dropping my feet directly to the floor. I encouraged him to get up on his own, but I ended up holding his hand and pulling him up like a child.

"You finally made it!" Dallas said sarcasticly as we walked down the stairs.

"Sorry, we were talking about some importany stuff." I shrugged and Johnny had a blush on his face, a bright pink.

"Awe Johnny, You look so cute with that little pink tint on your cheeks and your ruffled hair!" I internally growled at Marsha, denying my envy and jealousy.