No. 8

Someone was shaking me, so I slapped the hands away, but they came back and jabbed my torso harshly. I sat up quicker than ever and glared at the person who would soon to be ignored. I hated being woken up.

"Johnny, Pony, don't just lay there come on, redhead is gone. I don't know what happened, I was sleepin' like y'all were. Get up!" He yelled loudly, his voice booming in the small house on the socs terf, which I didn't recognize until I saw some passersby and how they dressed. It accured to me that Johnny would be scared if he woke up.

"Dal, whose house is this?" His voice quivered, wide eyed and thinking to himself, mumbling a few words. He was attachted to me by the waist, his grip tight. I then realized we were in a queen sized bed. All three of us tuff greasers in a pink room filled with makeup and what smelled like flowers.

"You are goin' to get me in trouble Cherry!" Said a familiar, yet unidentifiable voice.

"No I'm not! Trust me, they'll be gone before you're parents show up." Cherry said before opening the door and seeing Johnny and I sitting up, while Dallas leaned on the bed post, lighting a cigarette.

"What are you doing!?" Marsha, the other soc girl from the movies, shouted. She stormed over and took the cigarette from him, running to put it in a cup of water.

"You boys want breakfast? It's downstairs if you're ready." Cherry slipped out of the room, looking like she hadn't gotten sleep at all. Her hair wasn't brushed or curled, she didn't have on her makeup, and she wore a baggy shirt. To me, she looked as great as always.

"Hey Ponyboy, stop daydreamin', would you?" Dally playfully punched his shoulder and followed right after Cherry. Johnny seemed to tense up, and looked quite nervous again. It was the same expression when we were at the gas station.

"Johnny?"

"Yeah, Pony?"

"Tell me what you wanted to say."

"Well," He started, "I wanted to say that," he kept pausing, "I'm confused."

"About what? You know I'll help you."

"I know, it's just, how do I tell someone something so deep, that it would ruin everything if they, you know, felt wrongly about it?"

"That's a lot, but here's what I think," I was confused why he was asking this, but I'm not going to force answers. "You should just tell the person what you want to tell them, and if they react badly, then they weren't really important in the first place."

Johnny nodded slowly, "Alright."

"Did that help at all?"

"Yeah it did. Pony, I wanted to say that, I'm confused on how I feel about my friendship with you and with Dally."