Chapter 13

The next day, Sidney is back at his house, sitting on his sofa, listening to music with Bubby and Bubby Jr.
"Come on, let's crawl! Gotta crawl, gotta crawl! To the ugly bug ball! To the ball, to the ball! And what a happy time we'll have there! One and all! At the ugly bug ball!" Sidney sings to his gorillas. "Uh-huh-huh-huh-huh-huh! What a cool song! Except for this part." He rewinds the tape and sings with the song sadly. "I've got nobody to hug. I'm such an ugly bug!" He stops the tape. "But I got you guys!" Sidney grabs the Bubbys and hugs them. "Yay! Let's sing another song!" He puts the gorillas out in front of him again. "Which song do you guys want to sing?"
They just sit there, doing nothing.
"What was that, Bubby?" Sidney grabs Bubby and listens to what he's saying. "Oh, you want to listen to that song? Sure!" He puts Bubby down and presses the fast forward button on the boom box. "Aha, here it is!"
Lively music comes on with a guy vocalizing, "Oh, yo, yo, yo! La, la, la, la, la, la! Ho, ho, ho, ho, ho! La, la, la, la, la, ya, ya, ya, ya..."
"It's Trololo! I love this song! Great pick, Bubby!" Sidney claps his hands happily.
The doorbell rings two times.
"Oh, someone's at the door! I'll go grab it!" Sidney is about to pause the music. "Oh, sorry. Bubby! I'll keep it on for you!" He gets up from the sofa and walks over to the door, opening it.
Jonathan is standing on the other, looking indifferent.
"Ohhh...hi, Jonny..." Sidney makes a worried look. "I'm kinda busy... You don't need to--"
"No, no, no." Jonathan raises his hand in the air. "I'm not gonna attack you or anything. I'm here to apologize."
"Apologize? Why?"
"Can I come in?" Jonathan jams his pointer finger into the palm of his other hand.
"Uhhh..." Sidney turns back to his house, hearing that Trololo is over and Bailando is now playing. "Well, Bubby and Bubby Jr. are busy inside listening to music--"
"They won't bother me." Jonathan pushes Sidney to aside and walks into the house.
Sidney slowly closes the door behind him. "Why do you want to apologize to me?"
"For what I did to you! And for what I did last night." Jonathan sits on the sofa, pausing the music.
"Well, you have no control over that, do you?"
"No... Sid, I don't know what's wrong for me! Can you help me? Accept me?"
Sidney walks over behind the sofa, taking the boom box. "But you're outta the GHP--"
"Can you try to get me back in there, though?"
"No. I'm sorry, Jonny, but I can't help you." Sidney bows his head.
"Can you forgive me for what I did?"
"Yea." Sidney looks back up with big eyes. "I forgive you. But please contain your evilness--you're scaring everyone out there!"
"I can't do that, though! It comes at the most unexpected times!"
"But I know you can control it!"
Jonathan sighs. "You don't understand, Sidney, you just don't."
"Had you ask Antti for forgiveness? He's the one you should talk to the most."
"No... He'll never forgive me. I almost killed him like three times."
"Well then...you can leave now. Good-bye, Jonny." Sidney walks around the sofa, facing his 'friend,' who looks forlornly.
Jonathan gets up without saying a word and makes his way to the front door.
Sidney sits back down and continues listening to Bailando with Bubby and Bubby Jr. "Who's your favorite singer in this song?"
The gorillas do nothing.
"Oh, I knew it! It's Sean Paul, the Jamaican dude! He has a cool accent..." Sidney's voice fades as he see the expressions on the Bubbys turn less blithesome. "What's wrong?" He turns around and sees a flash of light blue before everything goes dark.

In San Jose, Antti is taking a nap when his intercom starts beeping crazily.
"Ugh, gosh..." He swings his legs to the edge and presses a button on it. "Hello?"
"Hey, dude, it's Patrick, man," Patrick's voice calls from the intercom.
"What's wrong, Patrick?"
"Sid, dude-- I'm trying to call him, but he's not answerin', man!"
"He's not answering his intercom?"
"Yea, dude! He's not! We were suppose to practice together for the second round, but he's not at the rink and he's not answer, man!"
"That's not good..." Antti scratches his head, thinking deeply. "I'm thinking of one reason why he's not with you and that he's not answering..."
"And what's that, dude?"
"Jonathan has him."
"What makes you think that Jonny man has 'im, dude?"
"I don't know, it's just a guess. Maybe we should go over to his house..."
"You sure?"
"We gotta get Sid back. Meet me in front of his house, alright?"
"Okay, man, see you in five seconds! Bye, dude." Patrick hangs up.
Antti presses a button on his intercom and goes over to his teleportation bracelet; he stands up. "Take me to Los Angeles."
He quickly appears in front of Jonathan's house, landing next to Patrick.
"I never knew teleporting could be so cool, man!" Patrick says.
"Come on, let's go inside." Antti cautiously walks up the stairs to Jonathan's front door, ringing his door bell.
No one answers.
Antti places his hand on the doorknob, which turns downward, opening the door. "The door's unlocked..."
"That's not good, dude," Patrick whispers to Antti.
"Jonathan!" Antti shouts into the house.
Distant muffles and cries are heard from a distance in Jonathan's house.
"Come on, we're going inside." Antti pulls Patrick into Jonathan's house, closing the door behind him. "Jonathan!"
"Sidney, man!"
They hear some cacophony ringing from down below and a yelp.
"Is there something underneath the ground, dude?" Patrick asks quietly.
"I have a feeling. Let's try to get into the basement." Antti walks past the kitchen across the living room, with Patrick right behind him. He walks into the end of the hallway, opening a brown, wooden door. The other side is pitch black.
"I didn't know we needed a flashlight, man," Patrick tells Antti.
Antti grabbles for a switch, which he found, letting light show a dusty staircase leading down. "Nope, we don't need one." He makes his way down the stairs, ending up in a room with a bunch of concrete walls scattered around the large room like a labyrinth.
"Whoa, a maze, dude!" Patrick exclaims.
"We have no time for this!" Antti mutters, looking to his left and right.
A short cry echoes through the air, which seems to come from the right.
"Let's go this way." Antti turns to his right, jogging down between two walls, stopping next to an entrance of another hallway, which has wooden walls. "Hello?"
Some scuffling noises come from a room that is across from Antti and Patrick in the wooden hallway.
"In there, man!" Patrick rushes past Antti to the door, yanking it open.
Antti walks next to Patrick; they gasp with their blue eyes wide open.
The room inside has concrete walls and has nothing inside it except for five things: a wooden table that is casted over to the right side, a dusty lamp that illuminates the room, which is on top of the table, a chair, Jonathan, and Sidney.
Sidney is tied up to the chair by thick rope with a black cloth wrapped around his mouth; he seems frantic and is panicking with his brown eyes wide open with trepidation. Jonathan is next to him with glowing eyes, smirking at the rescuers.
"Well, hello there, gentlemen--I wasn't expecting you two to come along. Would you like to join the captain of the Penguins?" Jonathan scruffs Sidney's wavy brown hair harshly.
Sidney shakes his head, trying to get Jonathan's hand off of him.
"Let him go!" Antti snaps.
"Oh! You think that I'm gonna let him go that easily? You think that I'm actually gonna listen to you‽ In your dreams!"
Antti groans irritatedly. "Jonathan please, this is unnecessary--"
"What did Sidney man ever done to you, dude‽" Patrick shouts.
"It's not what he did to me, it's what he's gonna do to me."
Sidney keeps hopping around in his chair, hoping that tightly secured the ropes would come undone.
"Sidney's not gonna do anything bad to you, man! I can't picture him doing that, dude!"
"Aw, so you think that this little guy's a sweet, innocent being that does no harm whatsoever?" Jonathan pinches both of Sidney's cheeks. "Do you think that's true, Crosby? That you're perfect?"
Sidney makes some sharp muffling sounds in the cloth.
"Jonathan, I'm gonna count down to one and if you don't let Sid go, I will call the NHL Police on you!" Antti snaps sternly.
"Oh!" Jonathan stands up straight. "So you're threatening me!"
"Just let him go!!!"
"Okay, okay, okay!" Jonathan extends his hands out in front of Antti. "If you want Sidney that badly, let me propose to you a deal." He crosses his arms.
Antti closes his eyes and sighs. "Okay, what is it?" He opens his eyes.
"I will let Sidney go, only and if only I become the Master of the GHP."
"What‽" Antti's eyes widen. "No way, horrible! You can't do that and I won't let you do that!"
"Okay then, if that suits you, let me be and I'll proceed to what I am planning to do with this ball of adorableness!" He slaps Sidney's cheek lightly.
"And what are you planning to with Sidney?"
"Why should you know?"
"Because I'm the Master--"
"To me, you are like another person. You are not my Master because I am no longer part of the GHP, remember?" Jonathan smirks.
"Bad move, Nemo man," Patrick whispers to Antti.
"Not now, Patrick." Antti turns back to Jonathan. "What are you gonna do to him? Tell me. Now."
"Fine, if you're so interested to know what I'm gonna do to this little Penguin here, I'll tell you!" Jonathan walks over to the table, swiping something off from the table top.
"What are you gonna do?"
"Finish him off." Jonathan flashes a sharp knife in the air. "Lovely idea, isn't it?"
Sidney shakes his head in fear.
"You gotta be kidding me." Antti's look is mixed with confusion, horror, and disgust.
"If you don't like that idea, which I do understand, you can just give me your right and authority as the Master of the GHP." Jonathan smirks, placing his clasping his hands behind him with the knife.
"Mm, mm! Mm, mm!" Sidney shakes his head so vigorously that the cloth drops down from his mouth, now acting like a necklace. "No, Nemo, please don't let him do this to me!!!" He cries with tears in his eyes. "Just listen to him! Let him be Master! Don't let me die!!!"
Antti looks down at Sidney with an anxious look, then back up at Jonathan.
"So, what is it gonna be?" Jonathan asks with an evil smirk.
Antti gives Jonathan a grave look. "Kill him. I dare you."
Sidney's face goes pale. "WHAT THE, ARE YOU CRAZY--‽"
Jonathan ties the cloth back around his prize's mouth, shutting him up. "Thank you for your choice there, Niemi."
Patrick has a horrified look on his face. "I can't watch, dude, I can't watch..." He covers his eyes.
Jonathan lifts his knife high in the air, ready to thrust it through Sidney's head with a fierce and evil look. Suddenly, his eyes stop glowing and he drops the knife, letting it clatter on the concrete ground; Jonathan drops to his knees, stuffing his face in his hands.
Patrick looks back up, seeing that his sidekick is still alive.
Antti rushes over to Sidney, untying him.
"Nemo, I was about to die!" Sidney jumps onto his feet, hugging Antti tightly, crying.
"Oh no, not again," Antti groans. "It's okay, Sidney, you're still alive, you're safe now..."
"Let's get outta here, man!" Patrick wraps his around arm around both of their shoulders. "Take us to San Jose!"
And they disappear, leaving Jonathan behind.