Chapter Four

"So how's things with Jack?"

"You're saying that like he actually has an interest in me." I stare at my best friend as she carelessly eats her lunch.

She shrugs. "Doesn't he?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "He doesn't even know what I look like. All he knows is that I have his phone."

To be honest, I was frustrated. I wish Jack saw what I looked like, I wish we got to know each other more than a goodnight and morning text, I wish Bianca was right about him having an attaction to me without even knowing me.

Shrugging the conversation off, we talked about careless little things before a bell sounded, signalling class has officially begun.

After school, I walked out with Bianca and her boyfriend, Nick, out of the building, and into Nick's car to grab coffee with Bia and him.

Checking my phone, there were only texts from Johnson. I guess Nash told the rest of the guys. Smiling, I opened up his messages.

From: Ella

How was school? Is my baby okay? When can I get her back?

To: Ella

Boring, I'm fine, and idrc as long as you can financially support me.

From: Ella

Okay fine, pretend you don't know I'm talking about my phone (-_-)

My smile kept growing wider the longer we talked. Before I knew it, Bia, Nick and I were in the coffee shop, and it was just Nick and Bianca making conversation, seeing as I'm too busy with Jack.

"Who's she texting?"

"Some guy named Jack."

"Are they dating?"

"They should be soon."

"And how would you know, cupcake?"

"She's my best friend. I know the 'I love you' smile like a nursery rhyme."

From: Ella

So how about dropping that phone off tonight?