Chapter Twenty-Six

"Are you kidding?" I ask seriously through the cellphone I've had for about four months now, to the same idiot I've known for about four months now.

"No. I honestly think you should forgive him." The oh-so naïve Jack Johnson said innocently, standing up to his belief that I should forgive the demon named Aiden.

"Are you forgetting he bruised me?"

"You think I'm any happy he touched my girl?"

A blush grew upon my cheeks as he continued. "You said he was a good friend, and I believe that. He just made a mistake, and he's trying to apologize for it."

I sighed in defeat. "I guess you're right." I admitted. "But just so you know, at the party he called me his girl. Love you!" I said quickly, teasing him.

"Wait! Nevermind, don't forgiv-" He started but I quickly hung up. I laughing at his cuteness, I put his phone down and cuddled up into bed, hearing buzzes from several different texts. I smiled in victory, knowing that Jack is probably freaking out jealous. Laughing, I felt myself slowly lulling to sleep.

* * * * *

"Aiden! Aiden wait!" I pushed passed harmonal teenagers in the hallway, just to listen to a stupid guy named Jack Johnson. This was not worth it.

Aiden turned around immediately, hearing my voice. "Yeah?" He asked.

"I forgive you." I breathed out, tired from shoving my way past fellow peers whom I don't know, yet nonetheless don't like.

"Really?"

"No, Jack told me to forgive you."

He sighed and looked down toward his shuffling feet, disappointed that I didn't actually forgive him. He scratched he neck, looking up to meet my eyes again.

"Well, it's better than nothing, I guess."

I nodded, pursing a smile onto my lips. "See you at lunch." He bidded me a goodbye as we parted ways, accidently bumping shoulders, and apologizing too many times, before continuing down the hall.

Awkward was an understatement.